Ancient Irish martial art "Battle through Defense"?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok just to be a bit pedantic here...if it's made in Scotland 'whisky', if it's Irish it's 'whiskey'. Scottish made is always best, it's blissful. I was brought up on it as my father is Scottish, ( Scottish is from Scotland, Scotch is the drink, never call a person Scotch).
Welsh whisky is nice as is Cornish whiskey. Huge arguments about Manx whiskey/whisky even the spelling ending up in court), it may or may not be whiskey/whisky.
and yes there is an English whisky. The Distillery - Whisky In Norfolk - English Whisky

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Roma are one of the most hated people in Europe, they have to deal with the most awful prejudice. The Irish travellers though aren't Roma. 5 Big Fat Myths about Gypsies, Travellers and Roma
That isn't what it says. It says the Gypsies know the language and culture of the people that went around conquering everything, at that time. They are gone, the Gypsies remain.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok just to be a bit pedantic here...if it's made in Scotland 'whisky', if it's Irish it's 'whiskey'. Scottish made is always best, it's blissful. I was brought up on it as my father is Scottish, ( Scottish is from Scotland, Scotch is the drink, never call a person Scotch).

A Scottsman doesn't give a damn what you call him, as long as you hand him a scotch.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Scottsman doesn't give a damn what you call him, as long as you hand him a scotch.

Scottsman? There's a tremendous amount of snobbery involved in whisky lol, it would have to be the right Scotch. How To Drink Scotch Whisky

Call my father 'Scotch' and he'll blast you to hell lol.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not if I'm handing him a 30 year old Glenmorangie...

Afraid so, he'd call that a tourist whisky lol. Try Glen Gariosh 1978, Ladyburn 1974, Alt a Bhainne 1980, Benraich 1969, or Chynelish 1983.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So where does the stereotype of clog dancing in Holland come from?

Klompendansen is quite simple, folk dancing done by people wearing what everyone wore in the past, wooden clogs, hard wearing, relatively cheap and long lasting. The people in the north of England also wore clogs for exactly the same reason.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a fighting style from Lancashire called 'purring' that involves wearing clogs. This has evolved into shin kicking of which we still have a few competitions, not clogs though.

Latest Discussions