Ancient Irish martial art "Battle through Defense"?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh dear, if they are Irish they are an Lucht Siúil (Travellers). Gypsies come from North India.
Irish Travellers Movement - Promoting Equality for Travellers in Ireland
Genetic tests have proved that the Travellers are a distinct ethnic minority who is it believed due to evidence that they separated from the native Irish community about a thousand years ago.
I wouldn't suggest asking them about fighting, they aren't keen on outsiders asking questions, probably with good reason.
'clogging' is a dance but nothing to do with fires. morris dancing history
It's right about here where JowGaWolf knew he was in way over his head
nvrmnd.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamison. Currently their Caskmates, the Stout edition. It's almost late enough to justify pouring a glass here.

My other half knows Bushmills vey well, it was within his area to patrol during his many deployments in Northern Ireland. Mine were in Belfast which is why I have reason to have read up on Irish history a long while ago. The fighting we both saw though wasn't the ancient type, this was more having refrigerators and television sets ( the old big ones) dropped on your head as you walked by................

OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, that's incorrect. The answer you were looking for is "Bushmills".
I'm a very not-snobby whisky/whiskey lover - my wife says I'm a whisky slut. I've found I like most of them, some better than others. My favorite is whatever the best is I have on hand at any given moment. Right now, that's Jameson (spelled right this time).

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm a very not-snobby whisky/whiskey lover - my wife says I'm a whisky slut. I've found I like most of them, some better than others. My favorite is whatever the best is I have on hand at any given moment. Right now, that's Jameson (spelled right this time).
How about two fingers of a good, small batch bourbon.

I have a friend who buys expensive scotch and drinks it with "a splash" of sprite. Kills me. He is a whiskey/whisky slut! :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about two fingers of a good, small batch bourbon.

I have a friend who buys expensive scotch and drinks it with "a splash" of sprite. Kills me. He is a whiskey/whisky slut! :)
I'm loathe to put anything in whisky. I prefer it neat. If I get cask-strength, I'll add a bit of water (since they haven't already done so for me). I'll mix occasionally, but normally only with reasonably cheap bourbon or Canadian whisky.

I'd be good with that small batch bourbon. That would be more of an adventure - all small batch stuff is.

Latest Discussions