An update!

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been doing TSD for 3 months now, and am thoroughly enjoying the classes! The instructor actually takes the time to correct anything that I might be doing wrong, as opposed to standing there saying "looks good. Next!" like I've experienced in the past. I recently passed my gold belt test- I declined the option of starting as a red belt for personal reasons. There was a lot of board breaking involved in the end, some I had trouble with, but not too much. I can't really say what I enjoy the most about it, but the way it's being instructed is a huge boost.

Technically, there's not much difference other than some of the stances and the way some of the kicks are performed. That's all I can say for sure, given the limited experiences in this new class, and kind of a "bad" experience at my old one, which didn't have anything to do with the style, just how it was ran. There's more self defense involvement, but I can't say that that in itself is style specific.

Many of us had wondered where you had gotten too...Good luck with the new discipline...

Sounds great - congratulations on finding a good fit for yourself.

I've been doing TSD for 3 months now, and am thoroughly enjoying the classes! The instructor actually takes the time to correct anything that I might be doing wrong, as opposed to standing there saying "looks good. Next!" like I've experienced in the past. I recently passed my gold belt test- I declined the option of starting as a red belt for personal reasons. There was a lot of board breaking involved in the end, some I had trouble with, but not too much. I can't really say what I enjoy the most about it, but the way it's being instructed is a huge boost.
Often times it's never WHAT'S being taught but HOW it's being taught... no matter who or what the student/subject is.

Often times it's never WHAT'S being taught but HOW it's being taught... no matter who or what the student/subject is.

I couldn't agree more! I've done a lot of research into the other dojos/ dojangs in my area, and took several things into consideration. One being cost, another contracts, and the really sticky stuff- such as instruction, etc., and location helped a good bit. A lot of nice and good instructors in the area, but this stuck out.

I'm really happy you found a good school and that you are enjoying yourself.

Tang Soo!

Back