An unexpected milestone

OP
Tony Dismukes

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So....Tony, how's it been around your club since you became a "man of the cloth"?

Target on your back? No target to speak of?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Just now spotted your question. Somehow I missed it back in March.

I haven't really felt like there's a real target on my back. Everyone has been supportive and anybody who is able to give me a good match already knows where they stand in relation to me skill-wise.

For about 5-6 months I was being extra conscientious about training every possible hour in order to try catching my ability up to my rank. I'm finally starting to feel a bit more like I deserve the belt and I'm allowing myself to take the occasional day off from training when I'm feeling burnt out.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations, you deserve it so enjoy it. You are young enough to get better and then why not? get a seconde degrre black belt.

El Manny

OP
Tony Dismukes

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations, you deserve it so enjoy it. You are young enough to get better and then why not? get a seconde degrre black belt.

El Manny
Thanks, Manny.

Rank after black belt in BJJ is primarily about time in service, teaching and promoting the art. Assuming I keep teaching and stay affiliated with my instructor, I'll probably acquire a stripe on my belt every few years or so.

Latest Discussions