An interesting idea

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

2 on 2 sparring makes for an interesting way to spice up Olympic-style fighting. It's a start.

Last edited by a moderator:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like it, but I want to see the WTF put punching to the face into its scoring.

It would help spice it up quite nicely.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool find! We do 2 on 1 and 3 on 1 for tests. That's always interesting since we have a lot of space and some hanging bags in the center of the training area. Using a referee as a shield is pretty common, but using a hanging bag that someone can kick into you, that's not always a good idea...

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
This has been around for a while now. They also have 5 on 5 as well. We do this in our dojang from time to time to have so fun, 2 on 2 not the 5 on 5.

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We tried this concept many years ago and discontinued it because to many were getting injured. It's one thing to fight multiple opponents, when you can remove them from the situation. It's entirely another when they can constantly come at you and all you do is attempt to keep them off for a short time. It's an exercise in futility, but it can teach you, to an extent, how to zone and use one attacker as a shield, but that's still on a very limited basis. Now I will grant you, it depends on the allowed aggressiveness of the participants, but it only takes one to up the intended level and things can and do get spicy real quick, with the inevitable injury following.

KELLYG

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Cool idea. I think that this would be interesting to try. These folks look like they have been doing this for a while. Being able to keep track of 3 objects in the ring, and being able to play off each other, was impressive.
However I would also bet that this is a nightmare to attempt to score.