An arena full of no touch knockouts! Let the bodies hit the FLOOR!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why am I spending all this time studying martial arts? I could have gone in to televangelism and had REAL takedown power!

Or...not...

[yt]Ok4Hv0LQiIA[/yt]

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh... Never underestimate the powers of Benny Hinn...

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ahh... Never underestimate the powers of Benny Hinn...

Indeed! And never underestimate the powers of stupid people in large groups! :D

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm more impressed by the power of Benny Hill :cool:

There's a throw we call "The Televangelist". You push the forehead back and over until the shoulders are past the heels and then down. If you look closely you'll see that that's what the "touched by the Power" bit. But they add a hard thwack for good measure. Carnival tricks. Bleh.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I understand your feelings. I am very familiar with who Benny Hinn is and understand what being slain in the spirit is. I don't discount at all those who are genuine in their faith. Unfortunately, I have little respect for most televangelists and no respect for Benny Hinn. I know many, especially in the south, regard him highly. I lived in the Boone area for 10 years and I knew many people that thought Benny Hinn was the best. Personally, I don't think Benny Hinn's motivations are in the right place and believe he is a charlatan. My husband was very close friends with one of his top security people and I could tell some stories, but that would be breaking confidences so I am unable to do that.

I don't think people are disrespecting the faith of believers, moreso the validity of Benny Hinn.

Repectfully, Pam :asian:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I understand your feelings. I am very familiar with who Benny Hinn is and understand what being slain in the spirit is. I don't discount at all those who are genuine in their faith. Unfortunately, I have little respect for most televangelists and no respect for Benny Hinn. I know many, especially in the south, regard him highly. I lived in the Boone area for 10 years and I knew many people that thought Benny Hinn was the best. Personally, I don't think Benny Hinn's motivations are in the right place and believe he is a charlatan. My husband was very close friends with one of his top security people and I could tell some stories, but that would be breaking confidences so I am unable to do that.

I don't think people are disrespecting the faith of believers, moreso the validity of Benny Hinn.

Repectfully, Pam :asian:
I personally have never seen Hinn or been to any of his meetings. I know alot of people that have been. I do believe there are charlatans out there. I grew up just a few miles from Jim Baker's church, so I know ther are alot of liars out there. Does that mean everyone out there is one? I don't think so. Deceipt is nothing new, it was even discussed in the New Testament.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I personally have never seen Hinn or been to any of his meetings. I know alot of people that have been. I do believe there are charlatans out there. I grew up just a few miles from Jim Baker's church, so I know ther are alot of liars out there. Does that mean everyone out there is one? I don't think so. Deceipt is nothing new, it was even discussed in the New Testament.

You're right about that.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my stint in the church, I met a man who had made hundreds of millions of dollars as a travelling evangelist, yet lived in a simple one-story tract house in San Bernardino. I asked him why he didn't have a nicer place, considering his ministerial income. He looked at me completely baffled, like I just asked where the alien hoopa-joop coming out if his butt had comer from. He didn't have it in his home or bank -- COULDN'T have it in his home or bank -- becase it was money that came in for doing God's work, and had to go back out to do God's work...he had donated all but the travelling and tent expenses to charities for feeding the poor, and for (get this people) support of schools and school supplies for poor districts of African and Islamic nations, so they could have the benefit of an education...NOT a "christian" education, just an education...whoever was already out there teaching and needed supplies and support, got it. And he made the donations anonymously, following the idea of not letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing. Side Note: This was in the early-mid eighties, when this was simply an act of kindness and charity, and not subversive plotting to train terrorists at secret camps.

In contrast, if you opt to walk down the beach not far from the Ritz Carlton in south Orange County, you will pass an extravagent, richly decorated, and conspicuously opulent home along the water. Take a mental tally of the land prices in that area, then another tally of building expenses, then property tax, etc...that's Hinn's place.

I can do without him.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, being a religious person myself I can understand that many people take sport in bashing people of faith and making fun of people simply because the Believe is not something that I am personally in to.

However, in my faith...medidtation upon God is something that is supposed to be a daily practice, and many practitioners (including myself) have experienced deep levels of meditation that have resulted in some experiences that have included loss of motor control.

And...there have also been stories where this loss of motor control has resulted in an middle-aged man's hands have ended up on a teenage girl's body. And this is where I find the clip to be funny because IMO it lampoons the more outragious/indulgent side of the practice and was less of the Christian faith itself...and because the clip was done in such a way that any religious imagery (crucifix, Madonna, backdrop of a church) wasn't present.

My opinion and $2.50 will getcha a coffee at Dunkins.

Now let the bodies hit the floor... ;)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is funny, and yet disturbing.

This guy lives in a 10 million dollar home, paid for tax free by his church, along with a expense account that would make most CEO's of major corporations jeaulos.

He's deceptive, and deserves to be made fun of.

But those people hitting the floor under his suggestion are there because they really are sick, some of them dieing. And they really believe he can use God's power to cure them. Some of whom may even pass up real medicine because Benny is going to get God to save them.

One thing I'll say about the martial arts frauds that do this sort of thing, at least they are taking advantage of the sick and dieing, just the stupid. Benny's followers have there vision clouded enough, to have someone pushing it farther and selling them on a magical cure (if they donate enough to the church) is about the lowest on the list of scum IMO.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is truly one of the saddest and most disturbing things I have ever seen a video for. Wonder what he will tell St. Peter at the Pearly Gates?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
After seeing that, and I will admit I have seen it before, I was thinking (which is always a dangerous thing) is it still a no touch knock out if I where to say hit him with a white wax staff. I mean I did not really touch him, the staff did. :confused:

This is absolutely a pathetic display by the way, having people fake a knockout in the name of religion...oh wait...not religion...televangelism.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're not faking it, they really believe it. There belief makes it happen, same as stage hypnotists and Martial arts no touch KO guys.

Of course the religious ones have another out, if it doesn't work on someone it is not because there technique is flawed, but because there belief isn't strong enough. So failing to get KOed is not a sign of nerves out of alignment or wiggling toes preventing the chi from doing its thing, but a sign that your belief in God's power is not strong enough for you to be saved.

So I'm sure everyone of them really believes they where blasted by the power of God.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're not faking it, they really believe it. There belief makes it happen, same as stage hypnotists and Martial arts no touch KO guys.

Of course the religious ones have another out, if it doesn't work on someone it is not because there technique is flawed, but because there belief isn't strong enough. So failing to get KOed is not a sign of nerves out of alignment or wiggling toes preventing the chi from doing its thing, but a sign that your belief in God's power is not strong enough for you to be saved.

So I'm sure everyone of them really believes they where blasted by the power of God.

Yep. And they do what they believe they have to do. Even the wiki article on "Slain in the Spirit" notes that the people usually fall backwards and this is something that happens during public demonstrations.

If a person truly loses consciousness while standing up, the person falls forwards.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, falling backwards like that unconsious should result in a good many cracked skulls. Oddly enough though the people that don't have someone right there to catch them fall a little different though, and don't land on there head.

Latest Discussions