An appeal to the administers regarding JKD

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
And because I am bored...slow night at work... From the same interview you tried to dismiss as contradictory earlier. He actually mentions Wing Chun. Oh and btw, It was Dan teaching JKD to the students in Chinatown, not Bruce.

I really hope you are a troll tbh, that would make all of this kinda fun. If you are honestly just ignorant of an art and it's history AND yet dismiss the knowledge other have to share with you, that is instead sad.

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto. A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto. A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto. A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto....
would you mine not invalidating the humble Dan Inosanto.

MaMaD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i feel so lagging, i still hang around the beginners corner:(:(

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, you missed entirely on analyzing my art. Shorin ryu has nothing to do with me. And this forum is for discussing JKD, which is what I come here to do. You, aparently, do not. You've made absolutely no statements that indicate you understand ANY martial art, much less JKD specifically. My first exposure to JKD was before you were born, and I know almost nothing about it. You know less, as far as I can tell.
I wonder which part you were disagreeing with when you rated my post.

Were you claiming you didn't mis-analyze my art? You did, because you actually used a wrong word for part of its name and confused the other.

Were you cliaming you'd made some statemetn that showed understanding of martial arts? Point to one that has any real demonstration of understanding. (Note that I didn't say you don't understand them, just that your posts provide absolutely no evidence of it.)

Are you claiming that I wasn't exposed to JKD before you were born? Or that I don't know almost nothing about it? Or that I don't actually perceive you as knowing even less (which would be a trick - being inside my head, and all)?

The long and short of it is that you "disagreed" without being able to voice any significant point of disagreement. Try again.

D

Deleted member 34973

Booted off...smh. Martial talk is starting to remind me of the cliquish groups in a lot of MA schools.

jkdwizard

White Belt
Reaction score
I think this is the same Pinklady that got banned from Map.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the same Pinklady that got banned from Map.

I've noticed that people like this don't change their username from site to site after they've been banned and forget that many people will be on more than one site.

jkdwizard

White Belt
Reaction score
It's a shame because I only come here for some good chat and to maybe learn some tips and you end up reading rubbish.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a shame because I only come here for some good chat and to maybe learn some tips and you end up reading rubbish.

Ignore it and move on to other subjects, there's plenty here. :) Sometimes though trolls can be very amusing, sometimes they make you think and sometimes you just have to move onto something more interesting.

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I have been in martial arts for over 40 years and I am not a JKD guy, I would be if the school had not moved. I trained it only briefly and I was rather impressed with what I trained. And what I trained is solidly on the Original side of the JKD fence; My teacher was a student of Jerry Poteet. However Dan Inosanto is, IMO, teaching his version of JKD (Concepts) and he has earned the right to call it what he wants. Admittedly it is not my cup of tea, I like the original side of the fence, but I have a lot of respect for those that train on the concepts side, and they are all JKD

And to even suggest removing discussions about Dan Inosanto in the JKD is just plain silly and I am, in this situation , going to write it off as youthful folly not to be taken seriously

Hi Xue. I originally started my training under someone who was taught by Jerry Poteet. I got to train with him before he passed. I am curious who you got to train with.

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ahh... George I? How long were you there before he left? I got started training with him in 2004. Wow. Didn't think I would meet someone local here... Let alone someone who trained at the same school.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ahh... George I? How long were you there before he left? I got started training with him in 2004. Wow. Didn't think I would meet someone local here... Let alone someone who trained at the same school.

I was only there 1 month, hurt my knee outside of the school was out for about a month and then when I wanted to return George said he was moving in less than a month.

NYFIGHTSOURCE

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Come and give it a try! First class is no charge... And I don't charge what George did. You were probably paying like 140-160 a month.

Latest Discussions