An appeal to the administers regarding JKD

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No discussion of any art is complete without including references to other arts. That's what you're asking for.
what are you doing in the JKD section?
Your art appears to be shorin ryu and akido, go to those sections.If I talk about akido I will be in the akido section or the general section. Why are you bothering me? What is your intention? I have explained on the OP that kali, selat and other FMA should be on there own sections and not on the JKD sections.

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
one can learn Jun fan is six months. Those inosanto guys, string it out for 20 years, ha,ha,ha!:)
Jessie Glover who was Bruce's first student and student instructor of Bruce Lee created Non-Classical GungFu which is his version or understanding of JKD. I'm sure his students would say you can't learn Jun Fan in 6 months.

Taking 6 months of any art and then saying youve learned it is just a ridiculous statement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I did Jun Fan at the age of 13, Ater 3 months I was proficient in the art. I new this in myself. I did it for another 3 months and nothing changed. No sparing. So I left and joined a kick boxing club and did that for eight years sparring three times a week.I understand it alright. I got throw out of a few clubs for kicking people in the shins and knees. The result of shin kicking from the age of five and of course wrestling.Taught by my father a free style wrestler.

So you don't train Jeet Kune Do, and based on the above you have never trained it..... so what are you doing in the JKD section?

he is not going to abandon his meal ticket. Jun Fan is the key - he teaches jun fan, then says, it is good to learn wing chun, then he says, try this kali out, see how simalar it is to wing chun, try this knife fighting out, then all of a sudden one is twirling sticks like a clown in the circus with a 20 year road to nowhere!:vomit:

You know so little about Dan Inosanto and JKD and yet you think you know so much....

Funny, my teacher, student of Jerry Poteet, taught Jun Fan first and then JKD and you know ,he also thought Wing Chun was a good base..... just like Inosanto. My teacher was also impressed by
Kyokushin Karate too.....

I'm done playing this game, it is not worth my time, I was 20 once and knew everything too..... I learned later that I didn't....and I doubt at 13 you mastered Jun Fan in 3 months....but I do not doubt the shin kicking bit..... have a nice day

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your art appears to be shorin ryu and akido, go to those sections.If I talk about akido I will be in the akido section or the general section. Why are you bothering me? What is your intention? I have explained on the OP that kali, selat and other FMA should be on there own sections and not on the JKD sections.
Actually, you missed entirely on analyzing my art. Shorin ryu has nothing to do with me. And this forum is for discussing JKD, which is what I come here to do. You, aparently, do not. You've made absolutely no statements that indicate you understand ANY martial art, much less JKD specifically. My first exposure to JKD was before you were born, and I know almost nothing about it. You know less, as far as I can tell.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

So... who died and made you the final arbiter of what "true" JDK is? Especially given that you've apparently never trained in it, and certainly lack enough experience to be considered an expert?

Bluntly... if you want to run a JKD forum, good for you. Go start one. But coming here, to a large and well established MA forum and trying to tell us how to do it is just ridiculous. Trollish, even.
So my advice, to one and all, is to ignore the trolling. It'll go away, I promise.

ST1Doppelganger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So... who died and made you the final arbiter of what "true" JDK is? Especially given that you've apparently never trained in it, and certainly lack enough experience to be considered an expert?

Bluntly... if you want to run a JKD forum, good for you. Go start one. But coming here, to a large and well established MA forum and trying to tell us how to do it is just ridiculous. Trollish, even.
So my advice, to one and all, is to ignore the trolling. It'll go away, I promise.
Sometimes trolls liven up the forum at its downtimes and can even make interesting topics at times. LOL

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Ignoring it. What a great idea. Not very fun, though. Is it? Much more satisfying to pile on the pig a little. Am I right? good that you got a few licks in yourself first. :)

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't wish to impose limitation. I just require a correct categorization of the martial arts.

The problem is whether you like it or not, Bruce Lee isn't around to say whether Inosanto or Wong was "right" when it comes to their interpretation of JKD so speaking of Inosanto is relevant because he teaches what he sees to be JKD.

Vunak teaches what Inosanto believes is true to Bruce Lee's JKD so he is relevant.

Many people believe that JKD is a philosophy and that the art called "JKD" is largely about marketing. L-I Kali was created using this philosophy so as a point of comparison, regarding how the concept can be applied to other combinations of Martial Arts, it is relevant.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Inosanto is a kali man and should be in the FMA section there are three catogories in that section and only one JKD section. Inosanto did JKD in 1964. and then abandoned it.

Ummm Dan Inosanto was the FIRST person to be certified by Bruce Lee in JKD and was also the First to be certified to teach it by Lee. He was also close enough to Lee that he was a pall bearer at his funeral. The difference is this. Guro Dan is a student of life and the Martial Arts. You do not have to study only one art. When Martial Arts are quite literally your life you can study, and teach, more than one.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nvm not worth the time or effort

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes trolls liven up the forum at its downtimes and can even make interesting topics at times. LOL

We should be flattered she's moved here as she's been banned from most other sites........ though it's never nice to be the last on a list! :D:D:D:D:D

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
We should be flattered she's moved here as she's been banned from most other sites........ though it's never nice to be the last on a list! :D:D:D:D:D
Well she is the one who on another forum said " That Jun fan stuff was synthesised by Danial Inosanto, not bruce lee"

I guess she doesn't know that people from Hong Kong, like my best friend, have an anglicized name and a Cantonese name. In Bruce Lee's case his Cantonese name was Lee Jun Fan.

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ummm Dan Inosanto was the FIRST person to be certified by Bruce Lee in JKD and was also the First to be certified to teach it by Lee. He was also close enough to Lee that he was a pall bearer at his funeral. The difference is this. Guro Dan is a student of life and the Martial Arts. You do not have to study only one art. When Martial Arts are quite literally your life you can study, and teach, more than one.
That is not my point. One can study as many martial art as you want. Inosanto has chosen to do that. What I object to is the promotion of multiple arts under the banner of JKD.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll be back at the Inosanto Academy next week. I'll mention this to Dan.

When your there ask Guro Dan if he can do a Mid-Atlantic/NE seminar next year, please :). I have plans the weekend he is in Georgia this year and will be in the wrong part of Louisiana when he is there (dang nabbit :( )

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is not my point. One can study as many martial art as you want. Inosanto has chosen to do that. What I object to is the promotion of multiple arts under the banner of JKD.

It is absolutely the point since you claimed he abandoned it, which he never did. He had simply promised Bruce, when Bruce was in Asia, that he would not teach it while he was gone. no more, no less.

He also doesn't do anything under the banner of JKD. OTHER people outside of his school have decided to call it "JKD-Kali". He calls it Lacoste-Inosanto Kali or Simply Kali. He has never attached JKD to it. Like many other schools, his teaches multiple Arts. You do realize that today FMA is at least as popular, if not more so, than JKD. Guro Dan doesn't need JKD to promote his Kali. He has the following to promote it.

And many more movies. The same thing that made Bruce Lee's own arts marketable, the movies is doing the same thing for Guro Dan and Kali. Well that, and the fact it works because it is an art made by an 80 year old master who has lived and breathed martial arts his entire life.

OP
pinklady6000

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The problem is whether you like it or not, Bruce Lee isn't around to say whether Inosanto or Wong was "right" when it comes to their interpretation of JKD so speaking of Inosanto is relevant because he teaches what he sees to be JKD.

Vunak teaches what Inosanto believes is true to Bruce Lee's JKD so he is relevant.

Many people believe that JKD is a philosophy and that the art called "JKD" is largely about marketing. L-I Kali was created using this philosophy so as a point of comparison, regarding how the concept can be applied to other combinations of Martial Arts, it is relevant.

L - I Kali is Inosanto's philosophy of Kali, it is still Kali, it is not JKD.
It should be placed in the Kali section of the board. Call it JKD kali in the Kali section, I will not be bothered but don't put it in the JKD section.
JKD is not Kali, Kali is not JKD.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be placed in the Kali section of the board. Call it JKD kali in the Kali section, I will not be bothered but don't put it in the JKD section.

You of course will buy a supporting membership to MT to help with the costs to have all these different sections you want.

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score

Have you read "The Tao of Jeet Kun Do" and thus understand that Jeet Kun Do is first and foremost a philosophy? If so what is the Philosophy? You can apply the Jeet Kun Do philosophy to everything in your life just as you can The Book of Five Rings and The Art of War. In terms of the Martial Arts aspect L-I K is consistent with the Philosophy of JKD.

As a matter of fact your strict adherence to a strict JKD interpretation is evidence of one of two things.

1. You are simply trolling.
2. You do not know that it is also a Philosophy and so are ignorant that your strict adherence violates the principles of the philosophy.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto. A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto. A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto. A kid critiquing Dan Inosanto....