Am I too old to do martial arts?

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
Oh we see it but choose to play it straight.

I have a brother who wouldn’t celebrate his 30th birthday because he didn’t want to think of getting old.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh we see it but choose to play it straight.

I have a brother who wouldn’t celebrate his 30th birthday because he didn’t want to think of getting old.

30..... I have to tell you, I am not kidding when I say I have a leather jacket older than he is.....that I still wear :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
30..... I have to tell you, I am not kidding when I say I have a leather jacket older than he is.....that I still wear :D
Yeah, but isn't that about when a leather garment gets perfectly conditioned, broken in, and finally worth wearing. I should probably get one if I want it to get good before I'm dead.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I still had the first leather jacket I bought for motorcycling. It wasn't expensive, and it was a typical biker jacket, but I loved that thing. I'd still have it (and it would be almost 30 years old) if it hadn't been stolen.

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You are never too old to do that old people slow dance hand wavy thing in a park. Believe it or not it’s supposed to be some sort of martial art lol.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yeah, but isn't that about when a leather garment gets perfectly conditioned, broken in, and finally worth wearing. I should probably get one if I want it to get good before I'm dead.

This will mean little to those not from New England, but the leather I an referring to is a Walter Dyer

I wish I still had the first leather jacket I bought for motorcycling. It wasn't expensive, and it was a typical biker jacket, but I loved that thing. I'd still have it (and it would be almost 30 years old) if it hadn't been stolen.

I have one much like that too, and it is older than the Walter Dyer, but I do not wear that one any longer....to be honest, I am not sure it would fit....that one is around 40 years old

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
This will mean little to those not from New England, but the leather I an referring to is a Walter Dyer
I've never owned a leather garment (shoes don't count) - not even a skirt or a pair of pants, so I am a total ignorant when it comes to such matters. I admire what Gianni Versace did with leather, when he dragged it off the motorcycle, separated it from its constant companions - white t-shirt and jeans, and took it to a ball, but I've never actually worn it myself. Does anyone make leather hobbit-wear?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have one much like that too, and it is older than the Walter Dyer, but I do not wear that one any longer....to be honest, I am not sure it would fit....that one is around 40 years old
Mine would likely still fit. I've put on a couple of inches (okay, maybe 3 or 4) since then, but likely not enough to dramatically change the fit of that jacket... I think I had the side belts cinched in some, so some room to work with.

Man, I just realized how much I miss that jacket. Some good memories were made in that thing.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Mine would likely still fit. I've put on a couple of inches (okay, maybe 3 or 4) since then, but likely not enough to dramatically change the fit of that jacket... I think I had the side belts cinched in some, so some room to work with.

Man, I just realized how much I miss that jacket. Some good memories were made in that thing.

Same here......of course some of the memories are not so good..... especially the superman flight I took off a very steep in cline on my old Harley 125

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Shhhh... your wife frequents these boards...

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I swapped mine for a Bonneville petrol tank thought I had the best deal till he saddle sOAPed it and got it repaired , it still has my death or glory badge on it

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

All my best memories from that time happened once I'd taken the jacket off

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
make sure you start buying your banana's as one and two and not the hole bunch....you dont know if you will live though the week and it will be a waste of money.

This is, to date, the funniest thing anyone has ever told me about getting older.

It also reminds me of what my Grandma taught me. Don't buy bunches of bananas. Buy one or two bananas from a bunch that's as ripe as you like them, one or two from a bunch that's a bit less ripe, and one or two that are even less ripe. That way, they're always the correct level of ripeness.

Latest Discussions