Reaction score
Harley 125? 2 stroke?

Yup 1976 Harley Davidson SX125

76sx125pic.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Excellent restoration.
My dad had a MX250 that his four kids pretty much destroyed. Good times. I do not remember it having lights though.

Thats not a restoration, wish it was, that is just a picture of what I had.

the SX, 125, 175 and 250 had lights, they were on/off road bikes. Then MX250 was Motocross, no lights, The SS125, 175, 250 were strictly road bikes. There was also an SXT but I am not sure what the difference was between the SXT and the SX. And of course there was the 350 sprint, but that was before my riding days and much older than my SX125

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
On a more serious note, this came up yesterday in conversation with my POUND and Zumba instructor. Here is a story a local TV station did with me last year, when I participated in the effort to bring more people to exercise and physical therapy (and away from potentially addictive pain killers and painful surgeries).

I've had my issues pretty much all my life - I was born with those skeletal defects. Some people start developing chronic pain, skeletal misalignments, and muscle strain right around 30 to 40 years of age. So, if that happens, you can actually go and ask for a referral to PT, where they can help you differentiate between temporary (ow, I've overtrained) and long-term (tendonitis, arthritis, etc.) issues and teach you what to do about them. @gpseymour and I actually went to the same facility for PT, although, according to him, my therapist was much nicer. All in all, they were all great and extremely helpful.

PT renews life for osteoma patient

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
She thinks she knows everything about me. Some things are better unspoken. Yeah, I’m not naive enough to think that doesn’t work both ways too. :)
Nah... we pretty much blab to each other about everything. No kidding. Like, we are in a situation where we would never have to pick dare if we played truth or dare, because we've already talked about the good, the bad, and the ugly. I know it's rare and hard to believe, but it's true.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
On a more serious note, this came up yesterday in conversation with my POUND and Zumba instructor. Here is a story a local TV station did with me last year, when I participated in the effort to bring more people to exercise and physical therapy (and away from potentially addictive pain killers and painful surgeries).

I've had my issues pretty much all my life - I was born with those skeletal defects. Some people start developing chronic pain, skeletal misalignments, and muscle strain right around 30 to 40 years of age. So, if that happens, you can actually go and ask for a referral to PT, where they can help you differentiate between temporary (ow, I've overtrained) and long-term (tendonitis, arthritis, etc.) issues and teach you what to do about them. @gpseymour and I actually went to the same facility for PT, although, according to him, my therapist was much nicer. All in all, they were all great and extremely helpful.

That was really awesome to watch, very inspiring, thanks heaps for sharing. Gives me a bit of hope for my condition :)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Yes, well done, for people with less complicated conditions as yours, you can take the exercises and just do it yourself, I did and still do such to get over a long term debilitating back condition and general old age, there no actual need for the pt, for most people just a reasonable understanding of your own body and a desire to stick with it long enough to see the benifits

But I suspect like diets people respond better to a "coach" pushing and encouraging them, rather than doing it in isolation

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, well done, for people with less complicated conditions as yours, you can take the exercises and just do it yourself, I did and still do such to get over a long term debilitating back condition and general old age, there no actual need for the pt, for most people just a reasonable understanding of your own body and a desire to stick with it long enough to see the benifits

But I suspect like diets people respond better to a "coach" pushing and encouraging them, rather than doing it in isolation
The other benefit is having someone who can reassess, and who might even catch an issue we don't understand (like that my rights side hip and knee pain over the last couple of years was actually caused by an issue with the prelipsis muscle). Once they've helped with the selection of treatment, it's mostly a matter of whether you want that coach or want to go it alone.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's kind of surprising how many people just have no idea what their bodies are saying.

People do serious damage to themselves by trying to train things they don't understand - and do even more damage trying to 'fix' stuff...

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The other benefit is having someone who can reassess, and who might even catch an issue we don't understand (like that my rights side hip and knee pain over the last couple of years was actually caused by an issue with the prelipsis muscle). Once they've helped with the selection of treatment, it's mostly a matter of whether you want that coach or want to go it alone.
yes a diagnosis may be a good idea, as a general rule of thumb, pain is general caused by the next muscle or three up ( or down)the chain from the site of the pain. I've worked out the extra stiffness. In my right hip( as,against my left) when kicking,is coming from my calve,

Last edited:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
That was really awesome to watch, very inspiring, thanks heaps for sharing. Gives me a bit of hope for my condition :)
Thank you. The BOSU squats are a REAL bear - it's one of those "don't try this at home" things until you know exactly what you are doing. I am much better with stuff like that now, since we do a lot of leg and knee strengthening in POUND, yoga, and Zumba. (although @gpseymour thinks POUND is the devil). :p

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I missed this post.

That is great, PT is better than surgery inmost cases....

but I still ain't goin' to a Zumba class :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I missed this post.

That is great, PT is better than surgery inmost cases....

but I still ain't goin' to a Zumba class :D
<sigh> That is sad. You would look adorable in zebra pattern tights... Or you could borrow my exercise micro-mini skirt.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Somehow I missed this. I guess it was when I was warning Gerry about your presence :)

Excellent. Keep at it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this. I guess it was when I was warning Gerry about your presence :)

Excellent. Keep at it.
Thank you. At one point last year, @gpseymour and I were in PT during the same period of time. He was in for a body part - I can't remember which one, a shoulder or a knee, or an ankle. The point was - he didn't even have to change into workout clothes to do his PT. Since mine was a full spine and hip PT, I had to carry my workout duds with me, and I would come home sweating. So, he used to tease me, "I don't understand what your problem is. I just had to do some elbow lifts (or something like that.)" Of course, on the days when he would whine about how hard his PT was and how mean his therapist was, I would just give him the look.

Latest Discussions