Alan Orr Fighter

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Guy B should enter a amateur mma fight and use his VT striking and upload the video. You have a purple belt in bjj so your ground skills should be allgood for amateur competitions.

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guy B should enter a amateur mma fight and use his VT striking and upload the video. You have a purple belt in bjj so your ground skills should be allgood for amateur competitions.

Like that will ever happen! :rolleyes: Guy B and LFJ are very good about criticizing other people's video while never ever posting video of their own.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like that will ever happen! :rolleyes: Guy B and LFJ are very good about criticizing other people's video while never ever posting video of their own.

Such are the wonders of the anonymity afforded by the internet.

Reactions: KPM

Lobo66

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What about you guys? Where are your videos of training and/or competition?

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
VT can work in MMA, you merely need to add what it lacks, i.e. grappling.

If I understand your past post(s) claim of VT to be an fully functional system, therefore it lacks nothing and should kick butts in MMA. Why do you suggest of adding any thing else in order to make it work?:confused:

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If I understand your past post(s) claim of VT to be an fully functional system, therefore it lacks nothing and should kick butts in MMA. Why do you suggest of adding any thing else in order to make it work?:confused:

VT is fully functional in doing what VT does. It wasn't designed for MMA fights. To compete in MMA then adding grappling (which VT doesn't cover) would be necessary

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score

WE guys trained in "broken" WC system, we are too ashamed to make any video for all the world to make fun of.:blackeye::p

OP
K

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have posted several training videos in the past. And have been criticized by the dynamic duo for some of the things on those videos.

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Guy B should enter a amateur mma fight and use his VT striking and upload the video. You have a purple belt in bjj so your ground skills should be allgood for amateur competitions

I don't see why recommending the addition of grappling to VT for those wishing to compete in MMA fights is controversial. I don't see what me fighting in amateur mma would have to do with anything.

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have posted several training videos in the past. And have been criticized by the dynamic duo for some of the things on those videos.

I can't remember criticising your videos KPM? Can you provide a link please and I will apologise for anything that has caused unecessary offence

dudewingchun

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't see why recommending the addition of grappling to VT for those wishing to compete in MMA fights is controversial. I don't see what me fighting in amateur mma would have to do with anything.

I agree you need grappling obviously if you want to compete in MMA otherwise you just get slaughtered.

It would show your VT. You seem to think you can just go in and beat a trained fighter with your VT so would like to see it. Would like to see how coherent your VT looks in real competition. Going on the street and beating someone up and filming it is pretty unethical, but competing in a local competition against someone who actually wants to fight is fair.

I will post any video of me competing, but I am honestly not good enough right now so wont for a while.

Reactions: KPM

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
VT is a striking system

Yeah but there are no VT fighters that are using that system to out strike anyone.

If you looked at kron gracie who from a MMA perspective does a lot wrong. But is so dominant in his own system he can afford to. You get into a submissions mix with him and you are in deep do do.

You see a bit of the same with some of the TKDers. They get to a position within the striking element and suddenly the other guy has to manage this range where he is out classed and looking at potentially getting knocked out. Moontasari for example.

VT doesn't have that. WT doesn't have that either. Which is why Alan Orrs fighters have upgraded their striking as well as adding grappling.

These are trained fighters not gang bangers on a roof top

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
VT doesn't have that.

As far as I know there is nobody from VT competing in MMA, therefore no point to be made about the relative effectiveness or non-effectiveness of VT as a striking system.

The only conclusion that can be drawn from the fact that no VT people are competing in MMA is that no VT people are competing in MMA.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As far as I know there is nobody from VT competing in MMA, therefore no point to be made about the relative effectiveness or non-effectiveness of VT as a striking system.

The only conclusion that can be drawn from the fact that no VT people are competing in MMA is that no VT people are competing in MMA.

My view is a system unproven until it is proven.

Not proven untill it is unproven.

And obviously that is because a system could theoretically make its claim of effectiveness by dodging fights rather than winning fights.

So when you say there is no point to be made about the effectiveness of VT as a striking system. I pretty much leave it there.

Now having said that i would be happy to be proved wrong because i want to see systems succeed. But they have to do so honestly.

Without all the theoretical fakery.

guy b

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My view is a system unproven until it is proven.

Not proven untill it is unproven.

And obviously that is because a system could theoretically make its claim of effectiveness by dodging fights rather than winning fights.

So when you say there is no point to be made about the effectiveness of VT as a striking system. I pretty much leave it there.

Now having said that i would be happy to be proved wrong because i want to see systems succeed. But they have to do so honestly.

Without all the theoretical fakery.

There are many ways to test effectiveness that are not MMA competitions. In your particular case, since your experiece of VT is zero, your opinion about the effectiveness of VT is not all that important.

If you are interested in finding out more about VT then do so, if not then don't. It is ok with me either way.

Latest Discussions