Jiu Wan video

Cephalopod

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I just came across this old promotional video featuring Jiu Wan.
It's pretty campy, complete with sound effects and dramatic pauses, but there isn't a lot of footage out there from that generation, so I thought someone else might be interested to see it.

Jiu Wan is my sigung and I never imagined that any video of him existed, so I was tickled pink when I found this!:)

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, this is not something I ever expected to see. Makes me hopeful that some footage of Lok Yiu or Leung Sheung might pop up too.

jhexx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To see footage of this makes me very happy. I am proud to see this.

OP
Cephalopod

Cephalopod

Green Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. Right about the sound affects though, sounds like Pinewood Studios back in the day lol.
Funny!
Jiu Wan had some students who were HK movie stars so I'm guessing they used their resources and connections to produce this.

But in truth I don't know anything about the provenance of this film. I'd like to find out who originally uploaded this onto the net. Maybe they have more!

OP
Cephalopod

Cephalopod

Green Belt
Reaction score
To see footage of this makes me very happy. I am proud to see this.
Hi Jhexx, happy to share!
You are also Jiu Wan lineage I take it?
Hey, I think your avatar is the only color photo I've seen Jiu Wan in. I don't recognize the gentleman standing next to him though. Who is that?

jhexx

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Jhexx, happy to share!
You are also Jiu Wan lineage I take it?
Hey, I think your avatar is the only color photo I've seen Jiu Wan in. I don't recognize the gentleman standing next to him though. Who is that?

Yes, one of the lineages i trained in is from Jiu Wan. The person next to him in the picture is a young Wong Shun Leung.

Latest Discussions