? about hemodilator ( performance - enhancing )

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This kind of stuff strikes me as fakery of the highest order. Put simply, I don't believe a word of the claims, and I'm more likely to believe it would kill you instead of helping you.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is quackery of the highest order.

Let's start by saying that "hemodilation" is a nonsense term, so far as human physiology is concerned.
Best case scenario: this stuff is basically inert and will have no effect on your physiology other than that caused by the placebo effect.
Worst case: I hope your health insurance is paid up.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
The old saying is “eat big, sleep big, train big” that is absolutely the best way to build size, strength and speed.

Hemodialator also called vasodialator. As I understand it they are supposed to increase blood flow, allowing more nutrients to be rushed into the muscles (equaling faster healing and recovery).

Guys have taken BCAA's for a long time now, one of which is L-Arginine.

L-Arginine is an amino acid (along with other BCAA’S /AA's like Glutamine) Nitric Oxide is actually produced when the amino acid L-Arginine is converted into L-citruline through an enzyme group known as Nitric Oxide Synthase. Supplement manufactures had the bright idea to super cede the process and create direct NO products. I still prefer taking BCAA’s and letting them do their thing naturally in the body, and this is where I have seen good results.

I've known a lot of guys who have taken various NO products (No explode, NOS etc) and most of them said they got good pumps from it. I'm skeptical of it's effectiveness. This stuff has been on the shelves for years now though so I doubt it is going to kill you.

What it will kill is your pocket book, the money spent on supplements like this each month could be pointed in a lot of directions.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old saying is “eat big, sleep big, train big” that is absolutely the best way to build size, strength and speed.

Hemodialator also called vasodialator.

The two terms are far from synonymous. Vasodilators are used to treat some forms of hypertension. Assuming your BP is normal, a vasodilator will certainly not have any positive affect on performance. It's somewhat difficult to perform well when you're hypotensive... Hell, even staying concious can be problematic when you're hypotensive.

A hemodilator would cause the blood cells to expand. There are a few conditions that cause this, but the resulting destruction of the cells is hardly likely to be considered benificial.

I would say that any benefit people think they get from this stuff is purely from the placebo effect.

ChingChuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And of course, there is another kind of medication that also stimulates NO release in certain vessels, resulting in a certain probably uncomfortable effect while training.. At least, that was what I thought it was before reading the post. I wouldn't be surprised if you enounter it as a side efect... It would certainly enhance your performance in certain situations XD.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
%-} you really think so ?

Yes, I do. I have a serious BS detector where it comes to nonsensical fakery like this.

If you are serious about better living through chemistry, get yourself a juicer and buy some beets. Juice them and drink a cup a day.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7160-Sacr...y-may-protect-against-endothelial-dysfunction

Recent study (by real doctors, not those fake lab-coat-wearing idiots on TV and in body building magazines) showed the ability to continue exercising was increased by a whopping 16%. More exercise gets more results.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8186947.stm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090806141520.htm

Corresponding author of the study, Professor Andy Jones of the University of Exeter's School of Sport and Health Sciences, said: "Our study is the first to show that nitrate-rich food can increase exercise endurance. We were amazed by the effects of beetroot juice on oxygen uptake because these effects cannot be achieved by any other known means, including training. I am sure professional and amateur athletes will be interested in the results of this research. I am also keen to explore the relevance of the findings to those people who suffer from poor fitness and may be able to use dietary supplements to help them go about their daily lives."
This study follows research by Barts and the London School of Medicine and the Peninsula Medical School (published in February 2008 in the American Heart Association journal Hypertension), which found that beetroot juice reduces blood pressure.

There are actual supplements out there that can help people. Stuff found in the pages of weight lifting magazines cannot - in my opinion.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
just why would you dilate your blood... (going on the name here).

just train harder, the reward will last longer

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
i aint trying to cut no corners never have never will , i was at the gnc store and you know how they are once your in there : they have a pill that can make anything basically thanks for the feed back :angel:

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
The two terms are far from synonymous. Vasodilators are used to treat some forms of hypertension. Assuming your BP is normal, a vasodilator will certainly not have any positive affect on performance. It's somewhat difficult to perform well when you're hypotensive... Hell, even staying concious can be problematic when you're hypotensive.

A hemodilator would cause the blood cells to expand. There are a few conditions that cause this, but the resulting destruction of the cells is hardly likely to be considered benificial.

I would say that any benefit people think they get from this stuff is purely from the placebo effect.

I know little about either term, but NO products use both in their marketing and materials - I posted both hoping someone might be able to weigh in on the term "vasodialator" since "hemodialator" had already been discussed.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you are serious about better living through chemistry, get yourself a juicer and buy some beets. Juice them and drink a cup a day.

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica... I know beets are very healthy, I just couldn't help but think of Dwight Schrute When you said that!

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know little about either term, but NO products use both in their marketing and materials - I posted both hoping someone might be able to weigh in on the term "vasodialator" since "hemodialator" had already been discussed.

I see little to no use in dialating your veins, unless in a medical context. Normally people just shouldn't do it. The body is a fragile ecosystem working on organs and the transport to organs being in an equilibrium with eachother.

If you take that stuff, you could be affecting your hormone system (as certain hormones are released when certain nervepoints are triggered). In the case of vasodilatation propably in vasoconstriction. With all the negative stuff afterwards. Vasodilation directly affects the setpoint of mean arterial pressure & cardiac output.

In sportcontext alot of topsporters use it as doping. Too bad for them.
Hope this helps you out.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And of course, there is another kind of medication that also stimulates NO release in certain vessels, resulting in a certain probably uncomfortable effect while training.. At least, that was what I thought it was before reading the post. I wouldn't be surprised if you enounter it as a side efect... It would certainly enhance your performance in certain situations XD.

I believe Austin Powers used a mechanical hemodialator this way. Yeah Baby!

Latest Discussions