Anniversary

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone - just noticed this and thought I would post it in a bit of self-serving celebration. Today is September 18th, and 15 years ago today I received my Black Belt in Shaolin Kempo.

The head instructor over the test, upon awarding the belt said to me:

"You are just at the beginning . . . "

He was right.

Here's to another 15 and to a continuing group of people i can share the journey with!

:cheers:

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone - just noticed this and thought I would post it in a bit of self-serving celebration. Today is September 18th, and 15 years ago today I received my Black Belt in Shaolin Kempo.

The head instructor over the test, upon awarding the belt said to me:

"You are just at the beginning . . . "

He was right.

Here's to another 15 and to a continuing group of people i can share the journey with!

:cheers:

Hello,
Congratulations to you!
Do not be too hard on yourself... You are "well" into the beginning. :)
May you have at least 15 more. That is indeed quite a milestone!
So, what you going to do to celebrate?

Thank you,
Milt G.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A wonderful sentiment and event to celebrate, good sir. To your continued health and development in the martial arts :raises glass:.

OP
M

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
My celebration last night was to train with some old friends for a bit, but that was before I even remember that it was the 18th!

So, that evening, I posted this and enjoyed a glass of wine with my lovely wife while our newborn son was sleeping quietly in his room. Always a good night!

In the meantime, I'm going to see what I can do to make the next 15 years even better than the last. There's a lot to learn, a lot of time to train, and a lot of people to meet and get to know. I figure I've only got about 4 more sets of 15 year stints left in me, so I better make them count . . .

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A wonderful sentiment and event to celebrate, good sir. To your continued health and development in the martial arts :raises glass:.

Well said
icon14.gif
and I agree 100%.

Well done and keep up the good work.

Michael

OP
M

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the community here and definitely welcome the chance to share and train with anyone who has some time and sweat to share. :)

To the next 60 years, I'll be sure to celebrate in 15 year blocks . . . :)

Latest Discussions