A more realistic one-punch man

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I first heard about the show One Punch Man, I had it described to me as someone who trained to be so powerful he could beat any opponent with a single punch. In my head, this description meant a boxer or an MMA fighter, that every time they step into the ring, all it takes is a single punch to knock out their opponent.

So I started watching the show, and in the first episode, this is what I see. Saitama (One Punch Man) walks up to a monster that's about 50 feet tall, and gives it a half-hearted hook punch. The force of that half-hearted punch is so violent, all that is left of the monster is feet and goo.

My first thought: This is not what I expected.
My second thought: This is awesome!

I've been hooked ever since, and the show is a hilarious satire of overpowered shonen anime characters. Saitama is so powerful he can defeat any monster without any effort. Yet...he wants a fight. He wants a real challenge.

If someone were to make a more down-to-earth version of Saitama, someone who can beat any human opponent in a sanctioned bout using only one punch, but who still has the same "flaw" in that he wants a real fight, what lengths would that person go to in order to try and experience a real fight?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I first heard about the show One Punch Man, I had it described to me as someone who trained to be so powerful he could beat any opponent with a single punch. In my head, this description meant a boxer or an MMA fighter, that every time they step into the ring, all it takes is a single punch to knock out their opponent.

So I started watching the show, and in the first episode, this is what I see. Saitama (One Punch Man) walks up to a monster that's about 50 feet tall, and gives it a half-hearted hook punch. The force of that half-hearted punch is so violent, all that is left of the monster is feet and goo.

I've been hooked ever since, and the show is a hilarious satire of overpowered shonen anime characters. Saitama is so powerful he can defeat any monster without any effort. Yet...he wants a fight. He wants a real challenge.

If someone were to make a more down-to-earth version of Saitama, someone who can beat any human opponent in a sanctioned bout using only one punch, but who still has the same "flaw" in that he wants a real fight, what lengths would that person go to in order to try and experience a real fight?
I 5h8nk youl find that most world class boxer can beat any human a live with one punch, when fighting other top boxers the problem Is hitting them, not that they lack punching power to finish them if they do

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Watch the movie Snatch.

One of my all time favorites.

1xhtwh.jpg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What a fun movie Snatch is. Besides, he did it "for me ma."

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

If youre into manga, read hajome no ippo. Not the main character, but one of his boxing mates, takamura, is what you're describing. He's loosely based on roberto duran.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns, and the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... **** off.

AC9F6864-0FBE-4E35-8BA3-394F1BD9AA44.jpeg

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
^^^ God, I so love that!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns, and the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine, should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... **** off.

View attachment 22266

You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of anyman who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."

1c2c9u.jpg

paitingman

Brown Belt
Reaction score

One of my favorite shows!
Are you caught up with this season?? He delivers one of my favorite lines about Martial Arts from the manga in the latest episode lol

Also Snatch is a great movie.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my favorite shows!
Are you caught up with this season?? He delivers one of my favorite lines about Martial Arts from the manga in the latest episode lol

Also Snatch is a great movie.

Yes, I'm caught up.

I started watching a second time, but this time dubbed instead of subbed. It's interesting what a difference a voice makes.

paitingman

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I'm caught up.

I started watching a second time, but this time dubbed instead of subbed. It's interesting what a difference a voice makes.
When he tells Suiryu that to him martial arts are essentially just fighting moves that look cool lol.

How are you liking the dub?

I've been thinking of doing a version of his workout since I like those exercises. Maybe subbing skipping rope for at least some of the running though

Latest Discussions