4 Attackers

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey all.... well.... i got attacked by 4 chavs yesterday!!!

It took 4 of em to have a go at me... puffs!!!

Got a lot of cuts n bruises on my head, because thats where all of em hit me/kneed me/kicked me!!

First one attacked me, and i concentreated on him really becuase he could have hit me in the face... but he got a good pasting off me, but whilst i was doing that the rest were hitting me! But i didnt feel a thing... either sissy punches or i've got nothing to damage up there hehe (probably second option! :p )

Anyway... i was just wondering... anyone have any advice incase something like this happens again?

Oh btw... police are coming today, im going to press charges. IF the police dont do sod all, then i'm going to go after each one of them when they're on their own. See how "hard" they are then.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What we're you doing that you got attacked by four people?

Avoiding those types of situations at all costs would be my first piece of self-defense advice.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
They won't be all that hard 1 on 1, that is why they went after you mob handed, but the best advice I could offer (apart from not being there) in that situation is to go after the biggest first and cause injury (not just pain, but real injury) and if the others still want to play after that, go down the list doing the same, but trying to keep the person you are concentrating on between you and the others...

By the way, well done for getting out of it in one piece.

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
3 of them (there were 5 in total but one held my mate back) were up in town, having a go at my mate for something he didn't do, so i had a go back, saying it was ******** what they were accusing him of, etc. That was the end of that.

Then on the way home, we saw the 3, but with 2 of their mates. As i walked past, one ran in front of me, the others behind and to my side, and then shouted "what the ****ing hell have you got to say?!"... the one ran at me, as i backed off i came up against a short wall and ended up sitting on it. He then grabbed me, i quickly glanced at my mate to see what he was doing, as i did so... he hit me !! So i turned back and said "**** this" and punched him in the face... as soon as i did that... 3 others jumped up next to us.... then the lad hit me again, so i hit him back... then he went to headbutt me, but i avoided that, grabbed his head and started punching as hard as i could in his face... meanwhile the others were hitting me... then when there were too many fists, etc coming in i decided to protect my face... so i put my arms there... i saw him going to hit me, and quickly shot my left arm out, this only caught him on the side of the head so i put my thumb in his eye socket and pushed as hard as possible!! It got him off me so i guess it worked :) and somehow afta that.... i managed to end up on the other side of the road!!

AFTA it all happened.... ppl ran out asking if i was alright!!! .... um yeh m8s i jus been beat up! cuda come out a bit ealier!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
bignick said:
What we're you doing that you got attacked by four people?

Avoiding those types of situations at all costs would be my first piece of self-defense advice.
I agree where were you because being in the wrong place at the wrong time is another contributing factor in being attacked. Were words exchanged? Did they give you any type of warning before hand?

For next time... if at all possible, as soon as the opportunity presents itself and there's a clear line of sight... RUN! <this does NOT make you a coward> 4:1 odds... not very good.

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
They won't be all that hard 1 on 1, that is why they went after you mob handed, but the best advice I could offer (apart from not being there) in that situation is to go after the biggest first and cause injury (not just pain, but real injury) and if the others still want to play after that, go down the list doing the same, but trying to keep the person you are concentrating on between you and the others...

By the way, well done for getting out of it in one piece.

This is what i did... more or less... i kept the main attacker right by me by holding his head and punching his face hehe but the others got me at the same time.

Sorry but they must have had some really weak punches, etc because i've got a few cuts and brusies yeh... but to say 4 ppl attacked me, i havent come out too bad.

IF it had of been a one on one fight, i wouldnt bother with the police but the fact is... it was 4 on 1

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
oh didnt noticed youd put it before "well done for getting out in one piece" - thanks hehe

better luck next time lads!

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poggy said:
oh didnt noticed youd put it before "well done for getting out in one piece" - thanks hehe

better luck next time lads!
You're welcome, but for what it's worth it maybe best to avoid there being a next time (somtimes easier said than done, I know) who is to say that "next time" they won't pull a knife?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually I'd count you as the lucky one.

I don't care who you are or how much training you've had, 4:1 odds are still a bad situation to be in. Glad you made it out pretty much intact, after the violence started it sounded like you escaped when you could, which was good...

If even one of them would have had a weapon, it wouldn't have made much of a difference how "sissy" their punches were. While you were tied up with one of them, all it would take is a club to the back of the head or knife in the back or a kidney and I doubt things would have went so well for you.

You never know what people will do to avenge a bruised ego...

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
You're welcome, but for what it's worth it maybe best to avoid there being a next time (somtimes easier said than done, I know) who is to say that "next time" they won't pull a knife?

True true...
hopefully there isnt going to be a next time, because they should be on bail :) and wouldnt wanna make it worse for emselves by attacking me again.

Do you know what really pisses me off.... the fact i was ill so couldnt perform v well 2 start with ( i even said to my mate in town that im glad no1 started on him cuz i cnt put up much of a gud fight due to been ill),
and that i know each one of them are as good at fighting as i am flying a fighter jet (gud example i guess :p)

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If they'd have had a weapon of somesort... i'd have been screwed!! i admit that. Luckily they didnt though

My mum and sister are worried now. Well my sister actually... because all the lads live in rough areas and i mean rough!! and one... has a big family and they're all nutters. Well my sister recons if i was to go after him, his family would come after me and my family - so ok for their safety i wont bother with him. But she also says if i press charges against him, the same will happen! But screw that... someone needs to stand up against them.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poggy said:
True true...
hopefully there isnt going to be a next time, because they should be on bail :) and wouldnt wanna make it worse for emselves by attacking me again.

Do you know what really pisses me off.... the fact i was ill so couldnt perform v well 2 start with ( i even said to my mate in town that im glad no1 started on him cuz i cnt put up much of a gud fight due to been ill),
and that i know each one of them are as good at fighting as i am flying a fighter jet (gud example i guess :p)
I know how you feel (I was 19 once as well) but there is always someone bigger and better, try to bear that in mind

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poggy said:
But she also says if i press charges against him, the same will happen! But screw that... someone needs to stand up against them.
Agreed you shouldn't have to live in fear for yourself or your family, the police way is going to be a safer route though

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This whole thing has made me realise one thing....
i hated chavs before... i hate them even more now!!!!

It's only a small town i live in but you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that goes on here... daily!!! You tell people from out of town, and they won't believe you when you tell them some of the stuff that happens! "ooo drayton seems such a lovely place" - yeh right!! try living here!!

My girlfriend is the best example... when i drive through town she beeps my horn at random people... and i tell her not to, because people here take offence to it!!! And you never know who shes beeping at anyway.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poggy said:
It's only a small town i live in but you wouldn't believe some of the stuff that goes on here... daily!!! You tell people from out of town, and they won't believe you when you tell them some of the stuff that happens! "ooo drayton seems such a lovely place" - yeh right!! try living here!!
Don't worry, I believe you, I grew up in a mining town during and after the '84 miner's strike, so I know small towns can be nasty which is part of the reason I moved away.

OP
P

Poggy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I do and don't want to move away. I've spent most of my life here... but to be honest... i fear for my mum & sisters safety, because i know what this place is like, plus.. there's nothing here what so ever. Certainly nothing keeping me here! Other than kickboxing lessons lol but i can travel into town for them.

Sooner we get away... the better!!

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Poggy...

I'm an american living and teaching here in the UK and I understand completely what you've been saying about multiples!
And I am sorry to say...no offence to you at all...there is NO honour here!
Hence the multiple attackers.
I have been in that situation and I have done the rvenge thing of finding them one at a time...legally,bad idea.(but we know what the law is like here the UK!)
Morally........
icon12.gif

Law or justice....hhmm.....
It does give them something to think about the next time they think about jumping someone!

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
Poggy...

I'm an american living and teaching here in the UK and I understand completely what you've been saying about multiples!
And I am sorry to say...no offence to you at all...there is NO honour here!
Hence the multiple attackers.
I have been in that situation and I have done the rvenge thing of finding them one at a time...legally,bad idea.(but we know what the law is like here the UK!)
Morally........
icon12.gif

Law or justice....hhmm.....
It does give them something to think about the next time they think about jumping someone!
I'm an Englishman who couldn't wait to get away for that reason (amongst others)

Latest Discussions