You REALLY need to watch this

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was powerful, Matt. I knew that certain things had gone very badly wrong in Orleans with the usurpation of constitutional rights and the misapplication of the law but I had no idea that it was that bad!

The worst of all was that little old lady - what on earth were those government 'agents' thinking? Probably the same as any other 'secret police' arm of a dictatorial government i.e. that they could do what they want without any comeback.

I'm sure that the Constitution is very inconvenient for your government at times but if it's not upheld then what purpose does it serve? I applaud any stand the NRA or others can make to hold up for all to see those occasions when those that rule fall short of what is expected of them.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That IS indeed a powerful video.

I don't agree with all that is NRA, but this is the best thing about that organization. They will step in and they will do what is within their power to protect rights.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That makes me uncomfortable as a citizen. It makes me wonder if my government really wants to uphold my right to bear arms, especially when a situation comes up that I'll likely need a firearm or weapon.

When the zombies rise up and start taking over the world, will Blackwater agents bust down my door and take away the tools I need to defend myself?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That makes me uncomfortable as a citizen. It makes me wonder if my government really wants to uphold my right to bear arms, especially when a situation comes up that I'll likely need a firearm or weapon.

Really? 'Cuz it doesn't make me wonder at all ... I think the stage has clearly been set for the complete disarming of law-abiding citizens.

When the zombies rise up and start taking over the world, will Blackwater agents bust down my door and take away the tools I need to defend myself?
Yes. They will clearly beat you into submission. I guess you could consider it hazing for what the zombies would have in store for you.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?ID=8299

Fairfax, VA- President George W. Bush signed into law the prohibition of confiscation of legal firearms from law-abiding citizens during states of emergency. This action became necessary following practices by local officials in New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. This new law was part of the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This video just makes me .... sigh... better I come back to this topic later when I've cooled off.

dart68

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This video just makes me .... sigh... better I come back to this topic later when I've cooled off.

Yeah, I'm with you. Lot of things going on in my mind, mosty anger and disbelief. And I blame every one of those so called "law enforcement officers" for blindly folowing what was clearly an illegal order.

"I was only following orders," just ain't gonna cut it!

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Really? 'Cuz it doesn't make me wonder at all ... I think the stage has clearly been set for the complete disarming of law-abiding citizens.

Yes. They will clearly beat you into submission. I guess you could consider it hazing for what the zombies would have in store for you.

I'm just glad that one way or another I won't live to see it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you. Lot of things going on in my mind, mosty anger and disbelief. And I blame every one of those so called "law enforcement officers" for blindly following what was clearly an illegal order.

"I was only following orders," just ain't gonna cut it!
"An order is an order" was the motto of the Nazi's of the 40's.
The officers at that old woman's place acted way above and beyond their duties in their treatment of the woman. Sure, she was holding her weapon but they didn't have to manhandle her that way. If she was 50 and resisted then okay I guess but she must've been about 75 at least and frail. Big linebacker sized officers didn't have to be rough. That is what was really getting me mad. I'd probably would've been beaten to snot but had I'd been there watching I'd jump in to her defense!
As for the search and seizure of the weapons without a warrant or even just cause on folks who needed those weapons in defense of the looters which reportedly/allegedly were not bothered or focused on.
After it was all over and said the confiscated weapons were lost? One man lost his WWI German Mauser which is a valuable weapon by itself because of the history behind it and being an antique.
The fella who (brilliant by the way) wrote down all the serial numbers of his arms on the inside of the gun wraps couldn't get them recovered.
The state of Louisiana owes a lot of money to a lot of people for the wrongs and lost of property of the victims of Katrina. They also owe the American people an explanation for their actions and police state mentality perpetrated during the crisis.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

You and I both!
icon13.gif

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you folks, but this is just the tip of the iceberg...

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990

allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995
allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997
allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998
allows the government to seize all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports, and waterways.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10999
allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000
allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001
allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002
designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005
allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051
specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310
grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049
assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months. The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation. General Frank Salzedo, chief of FEMA's Civil Security Division stated in a 1983 conference that he saw FEMA's role as a "new frontier in the protection of individual and governmental leaders from assassination, and of civil and military installations from sabotage and/or attack, as well as prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis." FEMA's powers were consolidated by President Carter to incorporate the...

Taking your weapons is the first step...

Obi Wan Shinobi

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm not at all surprised...The government should fear an armed populace and not the other way around. Just be careful on who you vote for. Its about voting for the lesser evil.

Latest Discussions