Yin Yang symbol variations

T

Tae Kwon Doughboy

I've seen many variations of the Yin Yang symbol. If I remember correctly the traditional Chinese symbol is black and white with white rising counter clockwise and has the little opposing dots.

I've seen some pretty cool ones like Flatlander's fire and ice avitar.

Do they all have different meanings? Are people offended when they are modified, kind of like disrespect to the American flag?

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I believe that the various manifestations of the yin/yang are simply different ways to illustrate its underlying meaning. Different windows through which to view its message. Complimentary frames from which to reference.

OP
L

Littledragon

Tae Kwon Doughboy said:
I've seen many variations of the Yin Yang symbol. If I remember correctly the traditional Chinese symbol is black and white with white rising counter clockwise and has the little opposing dots.

Do they all have different meanings? Are people offended when they are modified, kind of like disrespect to the American flag?
Basically they have the same meaning it represents to sides good evil soft hard external internal etc.. The other ones are just witha different design.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tae Kwon Doughboy said:
Have to agree with you there. That definitely is one of the better avatars.
Yours is kind of cute - I think I used to train with him in tkd! KT

OP
T

Tae Kwon Doughboy

Flatlander,

Do you have a wallpaper size image of your avatar you'd be willing to share?

Latest Discussions