Xing Yi Quan: Five element - Han Yanwu

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
many refer to elements, even taijiquan, they just use them differently. Don't focus to much on understanding of the elements, the theory does not necessarily cross from style to style
Thanks I did learn the beginning of a 5 element Tai Chi form. I just wasn't sure how the styles varried them. Xing Yi's 5 fists look completely different to the Hung Gar ones. I was hoping to see what other styles used for each element.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thanks I did learn the beginning of a 5 element Tai Chi form. I just wasn't sure how the styles varried them. Xing Yi's 5 fists look completely different to the Hung Gar ones. I was hoping to see what other styles used for each element.
It is not necessarily a 5 elements form it is basing things like the 13 postures on the 5 elements.

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It is not necessarily a 5 elements form it is basing things like the 13 postures on the 5 elements.
Ah okay makes more sense. I only learned the first few movments of it but I just remember being told it was 5 Element Tai Chi but it's been ages as well.

Does Shaolin, Wing Chun, and/or Bagua have 5 Element techniques then?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ah okay makes more sense. I only learned the first few movments of it but I just remember being told it was 5 Element Tai Chi but it's been ages as well.

Does Shaolin, Wing Chun, and/or Bagua have 5 Element techniques then?
Techniques, I don't know, theory, likely

Latest Discussions