World Taekwondo Park

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in another thread, so I looked into it. In 2013 the "World Taekwondo Park" will be completed in the Muju province of South Korea. Most article about it online say basically the same thing, and one of those things, is that it will be the "world Taekwondo headquarters" and the "Taekwondo mecca."
The Kukkiwon, which is already influenced to a fair amount by the South Korean government, already has those same labels. So what I wonder, is how this park - as epic as it looks - will effect the Kukkiwon. I'm curious how everyone views this.

Edit: Muju is a city, not a province.

Last edited:

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I saw this mentioned in another thread, so I looked into it. In 2013 the "World Taekwondo Park" will be completed in the Muju province of South Korea. Most article about it online say basically the same thing, and one of those things, is that it will be the "world Taekwondo headquarters" and the "Taekwondo mecca."
The Kukkiwon, which is already influenced to a fair amount by the South Korean government, already has those same labels. So what I wonder, is how this park - as epic as it looks - will effect the Kukkiwon. I'm curious how everyone views this.

Edit: Muju is a city, not a province.

I'll let you know when I get back from visiting it next week. ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are they gonna have people jump out at you and make you use what you learned, Pink Panther style?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this the Mudowon or something different? Do you have a link? Hangul or English is fine.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Its mentioned right in the article:
The World Taekwondo Headquarters (Kukkiwon) in Seoul, currently the center of the world's Taekwondo activities, will later move to the Muju Taekwondo Park.

Dave O.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The World Taekwondo Headquarters (Kukkiwon) in Seoul, currently the center of the world's Taekwondo activities, will later move to the Muju Taekwondo Park.

Dave O.

I was told at the 16 KKW instructors course that the city of soul leases the land to KKW and they really want it to develop it. That was why the KKW is in such poor condition (the move maybe).

OP
goingd

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Dave O.

That is the first article I've seen to mention that. Thanks for pointing it out.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Like others have said, I heard a while back that the actual Kukkiwon building was leased and they were gonna move. Thats why the building is so run down. No one wants to invest any money into it. So they came up with the TKD park idea a few years back. I got a CDRom that had the concept idea for it. Seems like it will be a nice place. Been hearing rumors that KKW was gonna get evicted from that building, so now the have a place to go.

Latest Discussions