Wing Chun in San Diego??

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hey all, I have been training in various martial arts for the last 18 years.
I recently had the Wing Chun Compendium books recommended to me, and purchased them and have really enjoyed them.
I want to pursue the art further and get some first hand experience with a quality instructor.
Are there any recommendations for anyone in or fairly close to Oceanside California, in San Diego County?
Thanks.

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Go to Google and enter Wing Chun in San Diego California and se what pops up. There are a few to be sure.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I know there is at least one there, when I was in San Diego I looked in teh phone book and I believe I found a couple... that or it could have been exactly what zepedawingchun just told you to do... maybe I found them form a web search, don't remember, that was about 5 months ago... but I think it might have been the phone book.

It also seems to me it may have been somewhere around Mission Blvd, but I can’t be even 50% sure on that, I was not really looking for MA schools to go to, I had no time, I was just looking for future reference

OP
LuckyKBoxer

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestions, I was hoping for some firsthand recommendations.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sifu Michael Casey is a couple of hours away from you in Santa Monica.
He is a student of Emin Boztepe. Do a goole search under the spelling Wing Tzun.

www.ebmas.net

DaveMcKinnon

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi

I teach Wing Chun in San Diego. We train up to 4 nights a week and have a great group.

the site is: http://www.centerlinecombatarts.com/

[h=4]San Diego Wing Chun Training:[/h]
  • Close Range Combat (Dirty Boxing) & Trapping Skills
  • Complete Chinese Boxing System (Punching, Kicking, Elbows, Knees, Clinching, Throwing)
  • Wing Chun offers a system with power, structure, mobility and functionality
  • Whole system taught in a straightforward method with a easy to follow progression toward mastery
  • Learn conceptual skills, not flowery techniques
Call me if you are interested.

Kungfufighter

White Belt
Reaction score
You can check out Pete Roberts. He teaches at the Jing Institute of Martial Arts in Carmel Valley (www.sdtaichi.com), and I believe he also holds classes in his garage. He learned his WC from Rene Ng, a disciple of the famous Ho Kam Ming. Pete is a solid WC person and also is reputed to be an excellent teacher. Definitely worth checking out. Good luck.

Latest Discussions