wing chun in movies

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sap Lop Gerk Fat originates from Gu Lao Wing Chun.

Not that I'm aware of. My guess is that it is Lee Shing lineage. The video actually notes it as Ip Man lineage. So, given confusion between Gu Lau and Ip man.....strong possibility of being from Lee Shing! ;-)

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. My guess is that it is Lee Shing lineage. The video actually notes it as Ip Man lineage. So, given confusion between Gu Lau and Ip man.....strong possibility of being from Lee Shing! ;-)
The Lee Shing lineage is the only other lineage I've seen it done. My lineage I learned it from apparently came from Chan Wah Shun. Wasn't that IP Man's teacher too? Here's my First Sifu's bio
Donald Fling eWingChun. I've never cared to much about origin or history, but rather effectiveness and practicality.

Last edited:

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Lee Shing lineage is the only other lineage I've seen it done. My lineage I learned it from apparently came from Chan Wah Shun. Wasn't that IP Man's teacher too? Here's my First Sifu's bio
Donald Fling eWingChun. I've never cared to much about origin or history, but rather effectiveness and practicality.

Not to sure about that Bio. Jake briefly showed me his SNT form. Looked pretty much like IP Man lineage to me. The few differences looked pretty minor. I know Jake was also exposed to a bit of HFY, and is now doing DTE. Anyway, he's all about functionality which makes him a fun guy to train with. If it works, cool. If not, try something else. But don't waste time arguing about who's lineage has the biggest Snake Engine!

Latest Discussions