Wing Chun 20 Minutes Away

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Go feel and see for yourself, looks quite impressive place.
Never used a rappel tower though, wow !

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never trained Wing Chun but the school looks great. I agree with Domino's suggestion to go check it out and see for yourself. Keep us posted if you do. It does appear you may have found an excellent place to train close to home though. Good luck! :)

OP
Wey

Wey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, you two. The probation period of 6 months would be bad though, since I'm planning to study abroad in Korea next spring. I'll look into it though. Thanks again. =]

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just discovered a Wing Chun training area 20 minutes away from my house. I'm curious what you all think about their website/sifu:

http://www.jasonlau-wingchun.com/

Thanks in advance.

Jason Lau is my Sibak (Sifu's older brother). I have not seen him in a few years, but heard he was no longer teaching, and that one of his senior students was performing the teaching duties. Sibak Jason's Wing Chun is very soft and fluid. He has produced some really good instructors and fighters, so IMO you couldn't go wrong training there.

As for the repelling tower, Jason worked with the military back in the early 1980's. The first time I met him, he came for Dim Sum after just having his students finish training in a repelling session.

I'm assuming you're in or around the Atlanta area, and if so, you can also check out my Sifu's academy. They can also give you some suggestions for Wing Chun in the Atlanta area. Sifu also has a couple of students teaching in and around Atlanta. See link for website.

www.FrancisFongAcademy.com

OP
Wey

Wey

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jason Lau is my Sibak (Sifu's older brother). I have not seen him in a few years, but heard he was no longer teaching, and that one of his senior students was performing the teaching duties. Sibak Jason's Wing Chun is very soft and fluid. He has produced some really good instructors and fighters, so IMO you couldn't go wrong training there.

As for the repelling tower, Jason worked with the military back in the early 1980's. The first time I met him, he came for Dim Sum after just having his students finish training in a repelling session.

I'm assuming you're in or around the Atlanta area, and if so, you can also check out my Sifu's academy. They can also give you some suggestions for Wing Chun in the Atlanta area. Sifu also has a couple of students teaching in and around Atlanta. See link for website.

www.FrancisFongAcademy.com

Awesome! Thank you.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, you two. The probation period of 6 months would be bad though, since I'm planning to study abroad in Korea next spring. I'll look into it though. Thanks again. =]

I wouldn't let the trial period put your off, dont ask, dont get ! :)
Talk it over and maybe you can come to some arrangement.

OP
Wey

Wey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't let the trial period put your off, dont ask, dont get ! :)
Talk it over and maybe you can come to some arrangement.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks again.