Windmills kill endangered eagles...

ChrisT

White Belt
Reaction score
In Switzerland the powerlines are all buried along with the telephone lines. I was watching the tour of Switzerland last year (cycling) and there was something odd but I couldn't put my finger on it until the commentator, talking about the helicopter camera shots mentioned about all the lines being underground. It makes such a pleasant difference. I was in Switzerland over 30 years ago and can't remember whether or not we saw any powerlines then.

The opposition against and the promotion of powerlines isn't drawn along party lines here but whether you live near them, benefit from them or hate them etc.

Yes, it is really an advantage to have them buried in the ground, and much safer too. But I think it is also a question of mentality. Europeans (and especially the Swiss) have a different conception of safety and the like. Just take the watch industry so important for the country. All these Rolex, IWC and Panerai watches we can get everywhere in the world...they are admired for a good reason. Technology and safety have to go hand in hand. And we can learn from that too.

Latest Discussions