Why is there now a narrative that it was only aristocrats who could practise martial arts?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 things you have listed which are schmes to aid poorer households. The latter is a collective term for a specfic type of govenrment aid. In addition to this there are bursaries you can get for education, free school meals, discounts to uniform, they suppliment and pay for transport in various ways, they give grants to schools for aid to SEN students etc etc etc. Not getting into the university schemes that vary from all expenses paid to just the course or accessieres. And also not specifying govenrment grants or private ones that a university might do. And there are probbly plenty more i havent heard of being done. Also not including charities.

If you think many people actually get any of that you are indeed living in a different country from the one I live in. I volunteer for a military charity and believe me trying to get anything is like getting blood out of a stone. Most benefits are being withdrawn now and being put into Universal Credit, mostly paid after at least 8 weeks wait. There aren't bursaries to pay for education unless you are willing to pay some of the fees plus uniform plus sports equipment etc which poor families can't do and having an SEN child isn't indicative of being poor!
I'm not sure where you think students can get free uni courses either. Students take out loans which have to be paid back unless the military are willing to pay your way through in return for several years service. No one does grants or bursaries these days without wanting a good part of your life in return.

Latest Discussions