Why I love the internet today

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
At some time in the past, I mentioned that I collect shot glasses. Somewhere on MT, I mentioned that I collect shot glasses, and I promptly forgot ever mentioning it.

A while back, I got a PM from Bruno, who asked if I still collected shot glasses and would I like a couple from Belgium.

I said I would love a couple of shot glasses from Belgium. I've never been to Belgium, I doubt I'll ever make it there, but, if I do, I have to look up Bruno.

It came today, a somewhat odd looking box, festooned with airmail stickers and Belgian postmarks.

I tore into it like a 6 year old into a Christmas present, happy to see the Belgian shot glasses.

But, the first box wasn't shot glasses, it was about half a pound of gourmet chocolates!
The second thing I found was rather heavy for it's size and wrapped securely in gift wrap and newspaper, and it wasn't shot glasses either.
It was shot glass filling...
BOOZE!
Jenever in fact, in a really neat looking stone bottle.
Finally, I unwrapped the shot glasses. The first was tall and thin and stemmed. "Oooh, this is neat." I thought.
The second was shorter and stout and heavy with Leuvense Genever emblazoned across it in a double arch.

I can't tell you how much this brightened my day.
I thanked you in a PM Bruno, but, this was well worth thanking you for in public. You made my day. Thanks

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
These are absolutely the BEST chocolates I have ever tasted!
Leonidas for those of you who are curious.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Correction, upon googling, so I can get some more, I see Bruno sent me a POUND of chocolates.
You're a good man Bruno!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It was a moment of great happiness to hear of such an pleasant and good-hearted act {double :D}. Such things are a restorative in ones faith in the essential 'goodness' of human nature.

It is a delightful counterpoint to the general view that says the Net is only good for 'dubious' photography and arguing :lol:.

Latest Discussions