why do we get such small avatar space?

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
i've seen a lot of v-bulletin forums with these gigantic avatars on them. now stuff like that is out of control, and i realize that there are bandwith issues, but maybe they could be a little bigger...like 10x10 pixels bigger or so?

doesn't hurt to ask...:D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Size is currently set at 70x70. 20kb file size max.

Started out with I think a 40x40 limit. I've bumped it up a few times as I check things out.

Biggest issue isn't really the dimensions, as the file size. get a thread with alot of graphics in it, and it takes a while for the dialup folks.

OP
tarabos

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
right...i'm sure it's possible to keep the file size restriction but increase the actual dimensions...corrrect?

jim kelly needs to know :D

E

Elfan

Ya as one of those dial up folks, lots of large custom avatars + ads + smiley and such + attached files + long threads = SLOW load. I've seen other boards that are just covered in costum pics; its icky.

Martial Talk on the other hand...:D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I try to balance the loads and such. The dimentions can be increased, I'll have to play with it a bit and see. Its also an aestetic thing. I've been on a few boards that have no limits, and a few folks have -huge- avatars....makes things look like crap.

File size is firm, but let me play a bit and I'll see what'll fit ok. Might be a while though, as I've got a lot on the front burner at the moment.

:asian:

Latest Discussions