why do we do what we do!!

J

jjmcc

Do we study martial arts to see how far we can push our body mind and soul? I know it sounds like a stupid question to ask but it is amazing what reasons people study martial arts and what first made them choose to train. I would just like to see why others like myself decide to do what we do?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's a combination of all three, also after awhile you really get into the whole Art aspect and the one with the universe approach. As for me it has begun a way of life with me again.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Simple, I'm 35 years old and I realized I was out of shape and getting older and it was making my life more difficult so I wanted to lose weight and get stronger and more agile.

Also, my kids are in the class as a means for exercise to my involvement encourages them

The self-defense aspect is a nice benefit and I take it seriously, bu that's not why I started; I just wanted to train my body to be better

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Simple, I'm 35 years old and I realized I was out of shape and getting older and it was making my life more difficult so I wanted to lose weight and get stronger and more agile.

Also, my kids are in the class as a means for exercise to my involvement encourages them

The self-defense aspect is a nice benefit and I take it seriously, bu that's not why I started; I just wanted to train my body to be better

Exactly my reasons, except add 12 yrs. to that start. Had to defend myself against my BB kids! After eight years I'm in great shape. Going to lead a cardio-kickboxing class again. I did it as a blue belt for the three or so years and I miss it. Plus I do like the challenge, keeps me going! TW

OP
V

Vadim

I enjoy training in the martial arts because it is enjoyable, a great workout, and I also learn different sets of skills. Not to mention interacting with different people from various backgrounds and seeing achievements that we make together in training.

-Vadim

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
A big reason for me was to learn how to fight because when I was younger who ever could fight in my town would get respect and be left alone. As I aged I realized all the other great things you gain from the arts.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally for me it was kind of an "anger management" thing, but now it is just because I love it!