Who owns the USA

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So all Canada has to do is sell off it's US debt holdings, and our own debt would be chopped by 1/3 or so. Sounds like a good plan too me.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So all Canada has to do is sell off it's US debt holdings, and our own debt would be chopped by 1/3 or so. Sounds like a good plan too me.

Sure, but who's buying? Even better would be to have the US pay off it's debt (hahaha... ok, now back to reality).

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sure, but who's buying? Even better would be to have the US pay off it's debt (hahaha... ok, now back to reality).
Good point. With even the much-maligned Canadian dollar trading at $1.03 US, there really isn't that much of an attraction for the greenback as Washington hastens your inexorable slide to insolvency.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am practicing this:
请不要开枪!我可以帮你上美国白女人!:ladysman:

For those who can not read this it says in Chinese:
Please don't shoot me I will help you get American girls!

and since Chinese do not normally have toliets to sit on:
你可以上我们的厕所
You can use my toliet.:uhyeah:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think you're looking at this wrong, it's not about who owns the USA, it's about investing in the USA. Which means the governments you list have faith in the American people. You don't put your hard earned money into Mircosoft or IBM if you think you're going to lose $$, you put it in because you think you will get a positive return on your investment.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I think you're looking at this wrong, it's not about who owns the USA, it's about investing in the USA. Which means the governments you list have faith in the American people. You don't put your hard earned money into Mircosoft or IBM if you think you're going to lose $$, you put it in because you think you will get a positive return on your investment.

True... but who ever owns 51% or the shares is for all intensive purposes... in charge