Which is practiced most by women?

M

Martialscientist

People please forgive me, but I am very curious about this:
Which MA art is pracised most by women?

Which Sport is practised most by women?

No, I am not looking to join, just to meet girls!

OP
M

Martialscientist

Please forgive me if I posted this twice.

I am wondering, which martial art is taken up by women the most.

Also which sport do women participate in the most.

P.S. I am not looking to join, so that I can meet girls! lol

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Huh? You want to meet girls and that is why your asking:uhyeah:.

Well that is a pretty broad question, a women can be found in all martial arts, from kenpo to judo, from TKD to karate. One martial art I noticed that has less women in it is BJJ, if that is any help;).

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Judo is excellent art for women to learn. My son's High School Women team is pretty strong in the Island.

In our own Kempo School the women now, out number the men. Many of the High school girls are bringing their friends who end up training too. We are growing in numbers every month. For some it is just a fad, to try. Those that have stay wanted to learn self-defence.

It doesn't matter what women practice? Each of them is Individual. Having the right teachers is most important, not the art.

Today almost all the different schools have women in there classes.

Which is practiced the most by women? ..........could it be Judo? it is a widely known art and sport.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
From what I've seen in my area Tae Kwon Do has the higher percentage of women practicing it bar none. The other sytems in the area aren't even close!

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

Huh? You want to meet girls and that is why your asking

Nah, she wants to compete and wants to find an art with less competitors...

Well that is a pretty broad question

He he...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I see you got a red (neg) rep already. Might want to think that over again. If you really want to meet a (unattached) female martial artist then check out one of MT's sponsors to do so.
I signed up there so I don't have to be hitting on the ladies here. :D

OP
P

Peter Steeves

While I suppose it may be silly for me to mention one of my school's local competitors....

check out Krav Maga - it seems to be VERY popular with the ladies in my town, especially since it's geared mostly towards being a fitness workout (not my opinion - this was said to me two days ago by someone I know in their Instructor Training Program).

that said, we do seem to have a decent population of women at my school these days as well... however if you come to hit on them, remember that one of them is my wife, and you wouldn't be the first person she's thrown across a room (and that's not at the dojo!)

OP
M

Martialscientist

MACaver said:
I see you got a red (neg) rep already. Might want to think that over again. If you really want to meet a (unattached) female martial artist then check out one of MT's sponsors to do so.
Number one--- I am not a women! someone called me "she" in here. lol

Number two--- I'll checked that personals sponsors out, thanks bro.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I met my wife in karate classes, but overall it is a bad idea to go looking for women in a MA school. Most of them are there to learn to fend off guys, they are not there for a meet and greet. If you are looking for women go join an aerobics class. The ones my wife and I participate in are loaded with women. You might be better off not looking and let yourself be seen, I guess. Most women can sense when when a guy is looking for them and it is more often than not a turn-off to them, IMHO.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Highest percentage?

Wendo :D

then maybe Naganita... nah... Tae Bo... :D

But looking at numbers, TKD probably wins. It seems to have a fair percentage, and the largest number overall.

Given the lack of balance in overall numbers I think the question is kinda meaningless though.

OP
F

first123class

MACaver said:
I rather a lady who does Martial Arts, than a women who drinks at a bar.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
first123class said:
I rather a lady who does Martial Arts, than a women who drinks at a bar.
if you clicked on the blue link you'd see that it's for MA-ist looking to date other MA-ist... :D

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think that I heard somewere that naginitanajitsu is the most cominly practiced form of jujitsu. And you need a hobby by the way.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

Reactions: MJS

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think the sport practiced by most women is Professional Obvious Male Avoidance. :whip:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*Moderator note:

*Duplicate threads merged.

*G Ketchmark / shesulsa
*MT Senior Moderator

Latest Discussions