Where in Hell?

R

rmcrobertson

That great writer, Dante, was SUCH an...an...a'hole.

Limbo for me.

The best single comment I've ever heard about Going to Hell came from a fellow student, Alex---

Robert (on the mat): "You're going to hell for that, you know."

Alex (instantaneously): "Yeah, but at least I'll know everybody."

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson
That great writer, Dante, was SUCH an...an...a'hole.

Limbo for me.

The best single comment I've ever heard about Going to Hell came from a fellow student, Alex---

Robert (on the mat): "You're going to hell for that, you know."

Alex (instantaneously): "Yeah, but at least I'll know everybody."
My mother used to say about me that "Heaven don't want ya and hell is afraid you'll take over." Wise woman.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
If this is all true, and Dante's vision is correct, then all of the girls from the "Girls Gone Wild" video are going to be on the second level, correct?

Now...WHO is going to Heavan?

Let's say I get my life straight...put corporeal immorality to the side and lead a chaste life. When I die the following year (by exploding with frustration) I will go to Paradise, given my reformation.

Now...I get there and see some absolutely beautiful female vision, a kindred soul who has made it to the Pearly Gates because of her pure nature. Let's say right then and there I slip and lust in my heart.

Do I then get kicked downstairs?

How does that work? Is it like academic tenure? Once you've got it, you're in for good?

Regards,

Steve

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
*skips down from 7th to 9th, finds it too cold, and goes back*

soon as Satan gets lazy...he'll be on the oust....then this Ninth Level's gonna get some central air and maybe a night light..

T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Chronuss
soon as Satan gets lazy...he'll be on the oust....then this Ninth Level's gonna get some central air and maybe a night light..

Scared the dark, are we?

but surely your computer is a good night light...damned if you'd part with something such as that....

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
not scared...I do some of my best work in the dark. :D but perpeptual darkness is a different thing entirely...

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
If this is all true, and Dante's vision is correct, then all of the girls from the "Girls Gone Wild" video are going to be on the second level, correct?

Now...WHO is going to Heavan?

Let's say I get my life straight...put corporeal immorality to the side and lead a chaste life. When I die the following year (by exploding with frustration) I will go to Paradise, given my reformation.

Now...I get there and see some absolutely beautiful female vision, a kindred soul who has made it to the Pearly Gates because of her pure nature. Let's say right then and there I slip and lust in my heart.

Do I then get kicked downstairs?

How does that work? Is it like academic tenure? Once you've got it, you're in for good?

Regards,

Steve

Attaction is natural, not lustful. Either way I always thought of the souls in heaven as visions that inspire joy much like the first time you see a happy healthy infant. Besides, will you be lustful in heaven when there are no more hormonal urges to taint your thoughts? It's like my girl always says, "Why is everything always about sex with you." Because I bath in testosterone.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Why is everything always about sex with you."
Ah, the mantra of every woman on the face of the earth. The answer is that we're wired that way. Sorry, Honey, nothing I can do about it. It's in my DNA.

Steve, the way I understand passing through the Pearly Gates is that you will spend eternity worshiping at the feet of God and not have any other care so recognizing that another soul in heaven is attractive or not shouldn't be a worry.

For those of you that ever watched Rowan Atkinson on Blackadder... do you remember the episode where he is at the bedside of a nobleman who is about to die and is dressed as a cleric while his father, the king, is on the other side of the bed? The king is trying to convince the ill man to give his land to the king while Blackadder must convince him to give the land to the church. The king threatens Blackadder who in turn explains to the dying man that heavan is for people who enjoy harps, and angels and being chaste and the like while hell is for people who enjoy lust, gluttony, drinking and so on. He paints quite the picture of debauchery for the ill nobleman who decides he'd rather go to hell and party than go to heaven and be bored.

OP
OULobo

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"The only thing I'll take other than a one way pass to God's mansion, is the only air-conditioned office in Hell. Either way you gatta earn it.

A

Athena

limbo for me too... i'm moderately lustful and very much a heretic, though. and a tad bit malicious. it was touch and go for a minute there, i guess, but in the end i'm virtuous. lucky for me there's such a thing as charity.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
"The only thing I'll take other than a one way pass to God's mansion, is the only air-conditioned office in Hell. Either way you gatta earn it.

there's a condo beside the flaming lake waiting for me...getting FedEx'ed to hell in a handbasket for me...;)

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Why is everything always about sex with you." Because I bath in testosterone.

You BATHE in it? Where do you buy it? I didn't know you could buy it in bulk...I thought it was by prescription only, in those little gel applicators.

Michael Jackson needs to give up bathing in Evian and follow your lead.

there's a condo beside the flaming lake waiting for me.

Do they have Time Shares? How much down is required? Does the complex have a gym? I think a sauna would be redundant and retrieving golf balls from the lake quite a challenge.

Regards,

Steve

E

edhead2000

Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
I thought it was by prescription only, in those little gel applicators.

Hehe, so true (one brand is AndroGel), and thank God for us ladies that you can't buy it in bulk!!! Does it tell you anything that testosterone is a controlled substance? Right up there with Lorcet and Lortab. :) Yeah, we really don't want you having it! :) hehe.

Erin

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have taken this test every day for a week and have pretty much ended up in the 2nd level every single time. I believe dante called the second level Dis. I think this describes the frustration that lands people there.

Latest Discussions