When not to rob...

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is not exactly a self defense issue, but more of a group defense. An Aussie gunman (and his friend) pick a wrong bar to rob and get hog-tied by a biker gang.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8391476

Fun read! Three cheers for defeating crime!

- Ceicei

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
When will the thugs learn..................................NEVER!!! Thanks for posting this. It is about time that people see that not all "bikers" are a bunch of thugs like many think.

OP
Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just re-read the article. The title says gunman, but the article mentions machetes as weapons. Last time I checked, a machete isn't a gun... Am I missing something here?

- Ceicei

LuzRD

Black Belt
Reaction score
by the sound of it..."An armed robber" "and waving machetes" (quotes from 2 different sentences) i would imagine one WAS armed with a gun, but both had machetes.
of course i dont give much credit to the media for reporting the truth, so who knows what happened

fun story though! thank you Ceicei

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just re-read the article. The title says gunman, but the article mentions machetes as weapons. Last time I checked, a machete isn't a gun... Am I missing something here?

- Ceicei

Nope, typo. In a big rush to get this story out and also probably deliberate to make your eyes zip right to it and start reading. Sorta quasi-subliminal message.

Not all bikers are thugs and hooligans. Would've loved to have seen a picture of the hogtied robber. I can just imagine what might've been going through his mind... ("how many of these guys just got out of prison??" :eye-popping: )

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Haha -- this is funny. Here is a video coverage from Reuters, just look on the right hand side of the page for the video labeled "Bikers break up bank robbery".

Evidently, this Motor Cycle Club was having a get together next door and they were disturbed by the noise. Haha -- if you look at the footage, you see that these guys look like the real deal, some "1%ers", not some wanna bees, haha!

http://www.whas.com/cc-common/news/sections/

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
It couldn't have been a gun...everyone knows when you ban guns (like Australia and the U.K.) that gun violence ceases...:rolleyes:

good for the bikers, I'm actually somewhat surprised that the guy survived.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is reported to be the "Southern Cross Cruiser Club", and you can see some of them wearing colors!

I know some of the boys from the Southern Cross Cruisers. They're not a 'hard' bikie gang like the Hells Angels or the Coffin Cheaters, but they're still big burly bikers that you really wouldn't want to mess with.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I know some of the boys from the Southern Cross Cruisers. They're not a 'hard' bikie gang like the Hells Angels or the Coffin Cheaters, but they're still big burly bikers that you really wouldn't want to mess with.

Oh. I see. They certainly did the trick, though, even if they are not like those you see in movies, hahaha!

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I. too, am simply amazed that gun confiscation hasn't totally ended violent crime there.:2pistols:

Our criminals can be just as stupid.... I have seen stories where fleeing criminals drove into the police parking lot during a shift change, and where they tried to rob a hotel during a police convention..

Latest Discussions