when is the best time for you to train ?

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
right now the west coast ( so. cal ) is hot ! been getting up at 6 am - going from like 6 : 15 to like 7 : 45

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I enjoy morning trainings best.

Sadly, I have other "obligations" then. I usually end up training in the evening.

Thank you,
Milt G.

Wey

Green Belt
Reaction score
I like training in the evening, not sure why either.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Certain people involved in tai chi have told me it's beneficial to practice upon rising before you take a meal and then shortly before going to bed. I really don't have time these days to practice twice, so I don't follow their advice but I always thought it was an idea that had some merit.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do my conditioning (strrenght and cardio) first thing in the morning. I find thatI have a hard time getting motivared later in the day and don't have as much energy after work. Technique training tends to happen in the evenings, but that's when classes are.

Peace,
Erik

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
once it gets cold i go back evenings 5 or 6 but something about working out in the mornings just makes you have a great day.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I have insomnia I'll go to the Y around 5 or 6 am (since I'm not doing anything else at that hour anyway.) Otherwise, I find myself gravitating toward the gym in mid-afternoon. It's when I get sleepy, and I want to perk myself up. I also like that it gives me a good appetite for dinner. :angel: