What would you do? Need advice

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
HI jackhammer6611 its better for you to choose what kind of Martial Arts that Fits you that you like. also I recomment you to choose a Martial arts school thats near you and go to their studio and watch how the instructor teach or how they train that will give ya the idea what kind of Martial Arts you like Theres a lot of Martial arts.school also ask them for their pricing because you dont wana pay a price that cost a lot and they dont teach good or they are mcdojo and I know someone will assist ya if you have questions and concerns. when i started Martial arts i did this Martial I forgot whats the name i became a blue belt then i did taekwondo i was yellow then i did shotokan i was high orange then i took American Kenpo Karate i was hooked 4 life I really Like American Kenpo Karate i learn a lot and my instruuctors were great ive been doing American Kenpo karate for 3 years 6 months and im a 3rd degree brown Belt soon to be 2nd degree brown belt

so ya its up to you you know

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That could lead to phone calls, bordering on harassment. Several people I know have had that happen. Not in MA, but other stuff like Cross-Fit, gym membership, etc.
Except no matter how proper you "learn" crossfit, you can say bye-bye to gains and the structural integrity of your spine.

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have occasionally skipped a scheduled test date when I thought I was not ready. Honestly they probably would have passed me as I watched other students do worse. However my journey is my own and the instructors simply said "test when YOU are ready".

Also sparing - the amount and type of sparing - vary form school to school and instructor to instructor.

If you want a good reason to give - I would say you have decided to explore some other styles of martial arts. This is very common. If you are not as much into complex forms or kata and want to do more sparing - there are schools for that.