what to use for pain and swelling

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Like the title says Im looking for something to fight pain and swelling in my joints (knee and should to be precise). I cant take things like Ibprofen and aleive because the mess with my acid reflux. Im not opposed to take pain meds but I dont like what they do to me during the day,

Does anyone one have any recommendations on stuff I can use? thanks in advance

B

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can try using Dit Da Jow externally applied to you knees and fish oil internally that acts as a natural Nsaid.

Feel free to contact me off forum at [email protected] or call me at the number in my signature.

Let me know how I can be of service to you.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
R.I.C.E.

Rest
Ice
Compress
Elevate

Keeping well hydrated and eating well is also important to healing.

Of course if it is a constant issue then physiotherapy might be important as well.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
R.I.C.E.

Rest
Ice
Compress
Elevate

Keeping well hydrated and eating well is also important to healing.

Of course if it is a constant issue then physiotherapy might be important as well.

Andrew beat me to it - I agree.

If this is a recurring issue you might want to switch to heat after the first 48-72 hours. I make my own heating pads out of fabric sewn to shape and filled with rice and some cloves; 2-3 minutes in the microwave, and they stay hot for 30-45 minutes, depending on size, and reusable indefinitely.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In addition to R.I.C.E. I occasionally use a product called Traumeel that I get from my chiropractor. Arnica is another.

But the RICE method works best.

Latest Discussions