what should people learn?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's too bad you are so sensitive about not getting the answers you wanted. However, it's no reason to be rude.

Why don't you post your ideas first? Perhaps others will get an idea of what you're looking for then.

coungnhuka said:
o.k. let me make this easier for you guys. what i what is what you folks think people shuold learn as a way to defend themselves WHEN THE FIGHT HAS ALREADY STARTED!!yes awareness is importent, but that is not quite what i am getting at. mostly since everyone has already put that down. and don't restae what i already saide, that gets just slightly annoying.

sweet Brighit bless your blade

John

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
i tried this thread again, but betted explained myself, so if you figured this out and want to post a replie, or understand what i meant, the new title is "trieing again"

Sweet Brighit bless your blade

John

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
i tried this thread again, but betted explained myself, so if you figured this out and want to post a replie, or understand what i meant, the new title is "trieing again"

John
John, thanks for at least trying again and being patient... but I'll concur with Shesulsa that the large letters and CAPS are inappropriate. Some of us do understand your frustration that your questions are not getting answered nor are they being answered in the timely manner that you desire. Back reading post archives will show that time and time again.
Some folks don't live on line and thus can only have a few moments to peek in MT and look around before going off to their regularly scheduled programme. But as it has been stated the question needing a clear answer must be as clear as the answer desired. Proof read your post and be patient that it takes time for other folks to catch up to your wavelength.

All that being said, your thread is getting considerable attention dispite the misunderstandings. Some threads get rapid attention and others get slow responses. You're lucky... some threads don't get responded to at all. :D I'm saying this to you publically for your benefit and for the benefit of others who might or probably will feel frustrated in the future with their own threads.

Relax okay, we're all here to "discuss" and from my understanding it means to do so calmly and rationally and with reasonable effort to make oneself understood.

To your topic... you ask "what people should learn to know to defend themselves after the fight has started?..." In my earlier post I've outlined several "real-life" scenarios of potential fights/attacks/SD situations.
Now you're clarifiying that you want to know what we should know afterwards?
In my experience (and opinion) ... only one word... Adaptablity. Because once the fight has started; everything that you might have planned for in the last few seconds prior could go straight out the window and you're going to have to adapt to the situation as quickly as possible.
Your opponent might have a fighting style that you've never practiced against
Your opponent might have several fighting styles that he/she is switching over to (i.e. a JKD-ist) again and again.
Your opponent just might be this wild crazy punching kicking machine with no thought or pattern or randomness at all.
Your opponent suddenly realizes about 30-45 seconds in to the "fight" that you're going to kick their *** and they pull out a knife/gun in close quarters.
Something gets spilled on the floor and it becomes sticky/slippery.
Someone else shows up and decides to join the fray (on yours or their or neither's side... i.e. cops breaking it up).

These changes happen quickly and so thusly being able to adapt to those changes faster than your opponent does keeps you in control of the fight and on top. Like someone else said/reinforced... Awareness.
:asian:

OP
CuongNhuka

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
yah i know i over reacted, and i apologise for that and the comment about how much you people hate me was entended as a joke and i applogise for the mis understanding

John

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
yah i know i over reacted, and i apologise for that and the comment about how much you people hate me was entended as a joke and i applogise for the mis understanding

John
:asian: Thank you for that. :asian:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
coungnhuka said:
o.k. let me make this easier for you guys. what i what is what you folks think people shuold learn as a way to defend themselves WHEN THE FIGHT HAS ALREADY STARTED!!yes awareness is importent, but that is not quite what i am getting at.
It's still important when you're ready to throw hands. (Really aids your defensive techniques, whatever they happen to be in any given style or system.) That aside, having a working plan to end the fight quickly doens't hurt either. Longer it lasts, the more x factors start popping in (like the other dude's pals, weapons etc.)