What is the worst job you've ever had?

Digging holes. Hauling rocks.

Seriously.

Ever hauled 3 TONS of rock by hand in a Wheelbarrow with a flat tire?

No, I didnt think so.

Rich Parsons said:
Does being an unpaid moderator on a martial art board count?

I have had cooking jobs and most of them were hard work, yet fine. Including the pots and pans in a dorm. At the same Dorm I had the priviledge of working with a chef. I would put an edge on blades I would use, he would come by and take my blades :( and then I would start all over. After a while he started showing me things. It really upset the full time cooks, that a student was noe his assistant.

I bounced, and that had its' good days and bad days. Yet at the time, it suited me and the time schedule allowed me to continue college.

My current job has its good times and bad times. Like when you are involved with decisions with more zeros then most people make in their life, and it affects people and their jobs and their lives.

Yet, the worst was contracting at Chrysler. There were people there who would come by and see the contract badge and yell at you for fun. They would threaten you, that they could get you fired. After a few times of handing them my badge and walking towards the door, I was able to have it out with some people on Director row. You leave me alone and I will do my job. YOu threaten me and my lawyer will call you. You first line management believes I am the best person for the job. Yet, you want to beat me and hold it over me. Next Job Please. I kept looking and found the current company I am with.

So, all said, I guess I was pretty lucky, including those nights as a bouncer, as I lived ;)

OOOPS, I forgot the job I had at eleven bailing hay. This is what made me think College was the plan ;)

ooooo....hay! I remember those early teenage years when I thought it was great that I could stay for a week at a time at my buddies farm. His parents were no dummies; get 3-4 of his friends over, work the snot out of us for three or four days; we had the remaining time to ourselves but were way too tired to cause any trouble.

Latest Discussions

Back