What is the style of "Burn Notice" Weston

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
MCMAP - Marine Corps Martial Arts Program is not based on BJJ, I have trained with the founding officer (George Bristol) and met the founding enlisted man (Cardo Urso). It is an eclectic blend system, of wich Judo and Okinawan Karate actually plays a much bigger role than BJJ or MMA.

The Army is the one who saw stars and went for a BJJ based system.

I stand corrected. Though that wasn't really my point anyway. Whatever makes up MCMAP, you wouldn't expect every soldier to have studied it or doubt his veracity as a soldier.

Or you would. I dunno. It was just my impression.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Though that wasn't really my point anyway. Whatever makes up MCMAP, you wouldn't expect every soldier to have studied it or doubt his veracity as a soldier.

Or you would. I dunno. It was just my impression.

MCMAP didn't exist when I served, so I don't know it. Now it is a requirement. I doubt anyone is going to tell me I'm not a Marine. Unless they want their face lightly tapped with a shovel, that is.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I promise it won't be me. :)

And thanks for demonstrating my point.

Met up with an old Marine Corps buddy this weekend - hadn't seen him in several decades. He reminded me of the guy who tried to mug us once when we were hiking back from some 'extra duty' digging holes. He had a knife. I had an entrenching tool. We won. Funny, I had forgotten all about that. Shovel-fu, it was.

ap Oweyn

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Met up with an old Marine Corps buddy this weekend - hadn't seen him in several decades. He reminded me of the guy who tried to mug us once when we were hiking back from some 'extra duty' digging holes. He had a knife. I had an entrenching tool. We won. Funny, I had forgotten all about that. Shovel-fu, it was.

Nice!

Like that hysterical "UFC streetfight" video says: "Do NOT buy a lottery ticket today punk, because you are NOT a lucky man!"

Trying to mug two Marines armed with entrenching tools. That dude just needed to go back to bed and try his life again the next day.

Stuart

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
It always amazes me that now anytime a popular show or movie comes out everyone wants to know what "style" it is.

Things might be INFLUENCED by a style, but it is always through the camera lens of what is going to look the coolest on screen. Real fights are fast and sloppy affairs that would NOT look good on screen. While some fights might "look" more realistic (no jumping spinning kicks while three other guys stand around to wait their turn) they are still far from what it would really look like.

Weston also is shown hitting a heavy bag alot just throwing "plain old" boxing punches. Just thought I'd throw that in for kicks and grins.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are right about street fights being ugly. But then in real life half the cases he goes on would never play out the way they do, it's fiction and stylized reality, take it for what it is right.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks Bill...I guess we now know he studies Drunken Kung-Fu.

..ahem...

..anyway

About a year or two ago some gang-bangers tried to jump a marine no longer on active duty walking home from work in Atlanta. They had a shotgun... He had a pocket knife...he killed one, sent another two to the hospital and I believe one or two actually escaped him and ran away. LOL

I love it when these turds try to victimize somebody that knows what they're doing.

Latest Discussions