What do you think of this?

Corporal Hicks

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been searching for a wall mounted dummy, I was only looking for the top half to pratice wing chun on but I cant seem to find only the top half for under £200. Does anybody know where I can get one?

I found this, which seems to be the whole thing but I'm weary of what it is and would like some expert opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36281&item=7140087658&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

I dont know if the link will work so copy and paste it into the address bar if it doesnt!

Regards

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
never seen a dummy like this????? :idunno:

It looks like a backyard job to me and probably not done to WC specs? always hard when buying over the net

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am not a wing chun practitioner, but I have been around long enough to highly doubt that this dummy fits with wing chun specs.

Therefore, I say it is a big waste of money. If you don't need wing chun specs, you literally could make your own dummy like this one for a little over 1/4 of the cost.

Just my opinion.

J

Jaymeister

found this link, for making your own dummy, on google:

looks like the one you found on ebay, but probably a lot cheaper to make it yourself
mook

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, I would stay away from that one on Ebay. Making your own is aviable option if your good with woodworkign and have the tools/contacts to get it done. I have a metal one welded by a student, it holds up very nice.

7sm

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
Theres a thread within this section on building your own dummy and looking at that ebay one you could easilly make better for cheaper. Another reason you shouldn't buy it is that bar behind the leg will negate some of the dummy footwork movements.