What are some drills that you can do to help improve yourself

ipawnu

White Belt
Reaction score
So, I am just looking for some drills that I can do to help my martial arts, I haven't taken any classes or anything yet, but I would like to start to learn.
I'm just trying to find a few drills I can repeatably do by myself.

Like, in a few martial art shows/movies, they have someone do an everyday chore over and over again and helps them improve, example, picking up your jacket off the ground, put it on, hang it up, drop it, over and over again.. (this is just an example I just saw)

Tanaka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So, I am just looking for some drills that I can do to help my martial arts, I haven't taken any classes or anything yet, but I would like to start to learn.
I'm just trying to find a few drills I can repeatably do by myself.

Like, in a few martial art shows/movies, they have someone do an everyday chore over and over again and helps them improve, example, picking up your jacket off the ground, put it on, hang it up, drop it, over and over again.. (this is just an example I just saw)

Well if you're looking for just self defense.
You can probably buy some self defense videos.

If you're trying to learn actual martial arts. You're going to need to find a martial arts teacher.

Doing that isn't going to teach you anything. I love Jackie Chan, and I love martial arts movies. But you have to be able to distinguish between movie and fact.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have answers to the same post on the Beginners section, honestly, you won't get any more answers by cross posting :)

Latest Discussions