Wellington "Megaton" Dias Seminar

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went to a seminar by Wellington "Megaton" Dias at McVicker's Martial Arts Academy this evening. It was very informative. Mr. Dias was sure to attend to every participant--I am quite new to BJJ and he frequently and patiently helped me. He offered both gi and no-gi, sport and fighting advice on most techniques. I came away with some good techniques and a new perspective. Mr. Dias is also giving a two-day seminar in Urbana-Champaign, IL this weekend.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisator,

I hope you had a good time. Megaton's school is a few miles from my house and I've always heard that he's very skilled.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay Bell

Megaton's school is a few miles from my house and I've always heard that he's very skilled.

I didn't get to see him go all-out but he was an excellent instructor. I picked up a few subtleties--moving my hips in such a way as to move my body farther over a person than I had thought I could with such a simple movement, for example--and he was very patient with BJJ beginners such as myself and paid attention and gave advice and encouragement. I look forward to seeing him again when I know enough to get more out of it!

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another seminar with him here in town on Thursday and I'm now very sore! Great stuff though, and a real nice guy.