update on seminar & Tournament

N

Norma

Hey everyone,,

My son met Mr Arsnault last night at the seminar,, we got it all on vedio.
He is a nice man, very good with kids.
He taught the kids about speed, had them do MANY stretches very fast, tought them a new kick he called it a "chicken kick" then near the end he started alittle about junior sparring. My son had a blast, got his autographe on his belt. My son was asked to demonstrate what they learnd in so fare and he did infront of hmm about 40 kids, ranging from white to blue belt
Mr Arsnault also spoke to all the perants individualy and he told us, Nicholas has good attitude and disipline and he see's him doing very well.

This morning was the Tournament, My son came in 1st for the Obsticle course and 1st in his weapons forms, there was only 4 people total. he also got a trophy just for participating, so he came home with 3 trophies and 2 patches. And VERY tired! it was very interesting, i also met another instructor i beleive his from I don't now how to spelling but i'll try Connectekit, some place in the U.S. He too was very nice and good with the kids.

All in all my son did pretty good for his very first tournament. I guess the seminar helped him in the tournament, since he came out the fastest and more ready for the events. Probably because we incourage him to practice, not all perants do that.

Well i wanted to update yous, it was reall cool to watch we have it all on vedio for him to watch later on.

Thanks to everyone who gave me good advice..
Norma

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sounds like everything went well! Thanks for the fantastic report!

- Ceicei

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Norma,

It sounds like he had a great experience ... and that is what mattered most of all. Now you know a little more about the Art, I assume you were around for some of the adults competing? So when do YOU start?

-Michael

OP
N

Norma

Michael Billings said:
Norma,

It sounds like he had a great experience ... and that is what mattered most of all. Now you know a little more about the Art, I assume you were around for some of the adults competing? So when do YOU start?

-Michael

Yeah, it was great watching it..Yes we watched some of the adults stuff also, very impressive..

I can not start untill after my sugery witch is this friday, so it won't be for a few months, BUT my husband WILL Join very soon,, possibly in 2 weeks.

thanks guys
Norma

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That would be great to have your husband join. When you are ready to in a few months or so, it is a great family activity.

- Ceicei

OP
N

Norma

Ceicei said:
That would be great to have your husband join. When you are ready to in a few months or so, it is a great family activity.

- Ceicei

We all want to join, my son ( already in it) my husband, me when i'm ready and my daughter she's turning 3 in may. She has already shown an interest from watching her big brother twice a week and practice at home.

Norma

OP
N

Norma

Norma said:
We all want to join, my son ( already in it) my husband, me when i'm ready and my daughter she's turning 3 in may. She has already shown an interest from watching her big brother twice a week and practice at home.

Norma

I forgot to tell you's, my son did a weapon form called Yawara I.
i finally found info to help him practice at home with him and look he got 1st place! I knew beeing able to know what he's supose to learn would help him practice..

thought i would share, the name of the form or technique whatever its called.

Norma

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Norma said:
Hey everyone,
My son met Mr Arsnault last night & got his autographe on his belt. He had a blast at the seminar, and his very first tournament.
Thanks to everyone who gave me good advice. Norma

Sounds like exactly what the Doctor ordered..... Glad he had a great experience. This will be the first of many to come.

:asian:

Latest Discussions