Well done, California!

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm with ya Bill, California did something right for a change!

(I can criticize, I am unfortunately a native).

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gotta admit, when I read the title of this thread, it was dripping with sarcasm (at least in my mind). Nice to see I was wrong.
I've lived in Calif all my life, and we're not so bad
icon12.gif

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You know, most people that see combat can come home, get back into work, and well, it does not affect them greatly (even Audie Murphy woke up screaming and would fire his .45 some nights.)

But a few don't adjust well. And when you have a million vets, that 'few' can be thousands.

I hope these vets find peace.

I'm not a big fan of California, and what was done at this place is not what would be done at, say, Berkly, but it was the right thing to do.

Deaf

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, most people that see combat can come home, get back into work, and well, it does not affect them greatly (even Audie Murphy woke up screaming and would fire his .45 some nights.)

But a few don't adjust well. And when you have a million vets, that 'few' can be thousands.

I hope these vets find peace.

I'm not a big fan of California, and what was done at this place is not what would be done at, say, Berkly, but it was the right thing to do.

Deaf
What does Berkely have to do with it? If your refering to the students, they come in from nationwide.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What does Berkely have to do with it? If your refering to the students, they come in from nationwide.

And what does Berkeley ban from campus? What organizations have they kept form their campus/ ROTC? Recruting? Any form of military? And their views on conservitism?

It's well known what Berkeley is like.

Deaf

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, this is nothing new.

The National Stand Down is put on in San Diego by Veterans Village and has been going on close to two decades. I have been fortunate enough to offer my services for the past five years.

There is probably one every summer in a city near you (or the one you're in), and we always need volunteers. You should look into it and see how you can help out!

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what does Berkeley ban from campus? What organizations have they kept form their campus/ ROTC? Recruting? Any form of military? And their views on conservitism?

It's well known what Berkeley is like.

Deaf
Really, I've lived my whole life in the SF Bay Area and I didn't know any of that nor do I care and thats my point. You assume your issues everone knows and cares about. Do you think the issues I care about in in other areas mean as much to everyone as they do to me. Probably not.

About recruiters. When my daughter was an underage juinior in high school. She was tricked into filling out a form from a visiting recruiter which she was smart enough to put my cell phone number down instead of her own. She has no reason to lie to me.

I told that damn recruiter that my daughter told me she was not interested and that she did not understand that recuiters would be calling her. They said they needed to talk to her about it. I told them they were calling my cell phone and stop calling me. They refused and I went rounds with them for a about a year until a recruiter finall agreed to take her name off of the list. BS!

So I understand your issues have value to you but that does not mean to all. A schools views is partially what attracts the students. Get over it.

Latest Discussions