Weird around the House...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok... Everyone has some odd things hanging around their places... You know, things that arent "Typical" to find in someones house... Maybe a Stoplight, or possibly an end table welded out of a Manhole Cover... A porsche Bumper and Headlight assembly hanging on the wall, or a coffin for a bed/bar/endtable...

For My part I have a custom Mannequin (Is that spelled wrong?) Named Sheila that we freed from oppression at a local mall store... she stands in my rec room at the bar in Full BDU's with my Kevlar vest and Helmet, and a Kbar, ready to assult anyone who trys to take my Captain Morgan... :D

what do YOU have???

R

Richard S.

my cat the terrorist.......a confirmed member of Al Qitty........

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Indian corn hanging all year round.:shrug: Please just don't ask.

But... I wanna... all year???

T

TheRustyOne

Hm...which home? My dad's, my mom's, my friend's, my dorm room??

well, last year, in the dorm room that I was in, someone had stolen a yellow barrier -- which are pretty big and damn long -- and stashed it in the bathroom on my wing...the supports were in the two bathrooms downstairs.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
1. mistletoe. all year round.

the celtic version of a lucky horseshoe... you hang it up at yuletide over your front doorway, leave it there to prevent bad luck from crossing your threshold all year, and at the end of the year, dispose of it and hang a new branch. it actually dries kinda pretty, and most people don't notice it anyway.

2. a cat in my fishtank.

yes, you read right. IN the fishtank. my cat has figured out how to open the lid to my 55 gallon aquarium, and he balances on the corner, with one back paw on each perpendicular side, his left front paw holding the lid open, and his right paw fishing around in the water. needless to say, this precarious position usually ends in him being quite damp with no fish for his trouble. I gotta take a picture, but by the time I see him up on the edge and grab my camera, he's already fallen in the tank, so I drop the camera to fish him out. sigh.

:shrug:

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That's hilarious!! I hope you post the picture here if you ever get it in time!!

As for me........I have a huge fisherman's net hanging from the wall in my kitchen- entwined in it in various places are variious things from the ocean that I have either found or bought- shells, photos, etc. I also have 3 wooden buoys hanging from the wall that I found on the beach in Alaska. My kitchen has a lighthouse and ocean theme.

We put our cards from Christmas on until the next Christmas (including other holidays, b-days, etc) up on the wall. This way, we get to view them all year and see how many friends we have!!

I guess that is about it for the unusual.

:asian: :karate:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the weirdest things in my home is a piece of wood that was used by Cuban refugees as part of a makeshift raft used to float over to the base in Guantanamo Bay while I was stationed there.

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
We have pug dogs in my home and that's pretty weird! :D

A few years ago when we decorated the house for Christmas, my mom and I decided to string up some colored lights in the kitchen making them go all down the hallway. We liked the lights so much that we kept them up until about Thanksgiving the next year (we turned them on every morning too) and that was only because most of the bulbs had burned out and then we put more lights that stayed up for another year. We really enjoyed the lights but toward the end we were getting tired of them and it was starting to look tacky (to us) so we finally took them down and we haven't had any up since Feb., I think. I don't know if we'll put any lights up this Christmas as it might end up staying up for months.

Robyn :asian:

T

TheRustyOne

House down the street from my dad's keeps their Christmas tree up and decorated from around late October/early November till way into January. *shakes head* strange birds...

in my mom's new house, there's a little window from her room that overlooks the entryway to the house. I told her that if she had invaders (or one of my sister's ex-boy friends....or mine, for that matter :p) she could pour boiling oil on them. She disagreed. She said we could just spit on 'em...
...again in mom's house, the guest room is a walk-in closet...this also doubles as my room when i need to escape my dad.

Latest Discussions