WC shirts

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking for quality uniform shirts for my new students.
I would like wing chun in chinese caligraphy over the left breast......I can't find these anywhere.
I could get some made I guess, but you need to order so many to get a half way decent price.
Any ideas ?

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
I use Zazzle.com for the training shirts at my club - you don't make anything off them but it allows you to have options without maintaining an inventory.

bully

Purple Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What style of shirts do you guys use to train in and for your uniform?

Just being nosey ;-)

I usually use a sports type tshirt, something dark so as not to show the sweat too much.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
What style of shirts do you guys use to train in and for your uniform?

Just being nosey ;-)

I usually use a sports type tshirt, something dark so as not to show the sweat too much.

In the past, we've always used a white t shirt with a logo on it for students at SNT level. Gray (sometimes blue) for students at CK level and black for instructors (BJ and MYJ level), and red for practicians at weapons level

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

From zazzle and such places, I don't remember which, you can get the shirts made and if they buy of your account you get a few bucks. $2 or $3 maybe. There is a place that has a lot of chinese calligraphy styles that you can choose for the Wing Chun characters, I can get it if you wish.

In the worst case, make something, print it in iron on things and iron them to white shirts for cheap. Hope that helps.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings.

From zazzle and such places, I don't remember which, you can get the shirts made and if they buy of your account you get a few bucks. $2 or $3 maybe. There is a place that has a lot of chinese calligraphy styles that you can choose for the Wing Chun characters, I can get it if you wish.

In the worst case, make something, print it in iron on things and iron them to white shirts for cheap. Hope that helps.

I've done the iron on thing....it fades bad, at least the ones we used did.
If it's not too much trouble can you dig up the one for the chinese calligraphy?
Thanks

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
It won't be true calligraphy, but here's a cheat

- download inkscape (its a vector art program)
- go to wikipedia, copy the chinese characters for Wing Chun, Siu Nim tao or whateve ryou want to use
- paste them into text in inkscape
- change color/size as you desire and upload it into zazzle - they allow you to position it on the shirt

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've done the iron on thing....it fades bad, at least the ones we used did.
If it's not too much trouble can you dig up the one for the chinese calligraphy?
Thanks

Just be sure to double-check the calligraphy. There are two different (although similar) sets of characters used by different lineages of Wing Chun. The WT branches, and the Yip Man groups in general, use the more complex characters which are translated as "in praise of Spring" or "chant of the Spring". Some other groups use a slightly different character which translates as"eternal Spring" etc. Sorry, I'm not sure how to get Chinese characters on this post, but if you check Wikipedia on Wing Chun you can check out the two versions for yourself or go have a look at Leung Ting's book Roots and Branches of Wing Tsun.

Back again, using the edit feature. Let's see if this works... It's the segment from Wikipedia I mentioned.

Wing Chun (traditional Chinese: 詠春; pinyin: yǒng chūn; literally "spring chant"), also romanized as Ving Tsun or "Wing Tsun" (and sometimes substituted with the characters 永春 "eternal springtime"[1]) is a concept-based Chinese martial art and form of self-defense utilizing both striking and grappling while specializing in close-range combat.
The alternative characters 永春 "eternal spring" are also associated with some other southern Chinese martial arts, including Jee Shim Weng Chun (Yong Chun) and White Crane Weng Chun (Yong Chun).[2][3]

profesormental

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Greetings.

As geezer said, the one that is "spring chant" is the correct one. Notice that the difference is that the characters actually mean the same, yet the old one has the four lines and square to the left.

Anyway, give me a day so and I will get some calligraphy images saying Wing Chun Kuen Fat, (Yong Chun Quan Fa in mandarin). If you want Wing Chun Kung fu or something else let me know.

Hope that helps.

Latest Discussions