Virtual Test.........

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, CD Hall is soon to test for 1st Brown. Lets test him online....... Ask questions and he has to answer them or advise him as to what you want to look at if you were testing him.

Man this will be a tough International Board for Promotion to say the least.....

Let the test begin.......

Salute in :asian: ....... be seated......

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tell us your name, rank, and a "short" bit of your history in the Arts.......

but first recite the Creed.....

:asian:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Tell us your name, rank, and a "short" bit of your history in the Arts.......

but first recite the Creed.....

I'm not sure this is such a great idea but I'll be game for a while.

Due to the international nature of this experiment, I'll keep my answers brief. Please ask me if you want me to elaborate further on a given point. We do not all have the same points of reference as has been pointed out recently on other threads. Here goes:

I come to you with only Karate, empty hands. I have no weapons but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor, should it be a matter of life or death, right or wrong, then here are my weapons, Karate my empty hands.

Doug Hall, 2nd Brown, started Kenpo in 1984.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings
My question is short too.

-MB

My promotion history?
Hmm. Without being at home. I will give you what I have off the top of my head:

Signed up in Aug 1984.
Orange Feb 1985
Purple May 1985
Blue?
Green Oct 1986
3rd Brown Aug 1991
2nd Brown Oct 2002

Please let me know if I should elaborate further. If I get a chance I may come back and correct these dates later. I hope I understood the question properly.

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Doug,

Don't tell them anything! Name, rank, and serial number only dude!!!

Whoops. I guess I've watched too many war movies. :lol:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bill Lear
Doug,

Don't tell them anything! Name, rank, and serial number only dude!!!

Whoops. I guess I've watched too many war movies. :lol:

I guess 01 is my serial number since I was a 10th Brown before you were.
:lol:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tell Clyde to get back over here. I wanted him to participate in this!
:mad:

L

LadyDragon

There's a big gap in these dates, is there any specific reason why? Did you stop training and then return, or you just didn't have time to train consistently and it took you that much long to attain rank?

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
What does Kenpo do for you?

I'm going to continually quote the previous question just in case someone posts at the same time I answer, we can keep the answers tied to the questions this way.

I like Kenpo because, as Mr. LaBounty once said, unlike Aerobics, Kenpo offers movement and exercise with a constructive purpose (self-defense).

I like Kenpo for the benefits of Goal setting and achieving, exercise, self-defense and because it is just fun to do physical work. Good thing I did not start in Ballet first. :eek:

And I like Kenpo vs another system because I appreciate the work Mr. Parker did to develop "American Kenpo" as a Scientific endeavour.

The rank part is good too. I sort of used Kenpo as a substitute for Jr. ROTC when I transferred High Schools in 1984.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by LadyDragon
There's a big gap in these dates, is there any specific reason why? Did you stop training and then return, or you just didn't have time to train consistently and it took you that much long to attain rank?

I knew that eventually someone would post a question before I could reply to an answer as stated above. :D

There is such a big gap in the dates because before I could test for 3rd Brown in 1987, I joined the Army. When I returned I had to get settled, I went to college, I moved between cities twice and fathered 2 children.

I had a long answer written but I'll condense it to this instead:

You are correct in that I did not train consistently and between that and converting to a new "type" of Kenpo it has taken me a long time to attain rank. I always went to class enough to keep from getting thrown out. It was sort of a theme of mine for a long time. :eek:

Let me know if you'd like more specifics.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favorite color?

What direction does the sparrow fly south for the winter?
(african or european?)

ode to Monty Python...

ignore me arite.. :rolleyes:

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by MACaver
ignore me arite.. :rolleyes:

OK. At your request I'm going to ignore this. I may also ignore subsequent questions that duplicate previously answered ones.

I don't know if this whole routine is from Monty Python and the Holy Grail or not, but that is on my list of movies to see again.

I think they just came out with an Anniversary edition, but John Cleese was on the radio advising me not to buy it. So I have not looked into it further.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shodan
What is your favorite technique (any level) and why?

:asian: :karate:

This is an excellent and difficult question. I have at least 3 that I could name but not 1 favorite. I may not have 1 favorite. I'm thinking on this. I know there are some newer ones that I like a lot and some that I have seen but not "learned" from higher up the charts but don't know the names.

P

pknox

How about this one...

If GM Parker were still alive, and you could ask him for one point of clarification, either about a specific technique or the art in general, what would you ask him?

Latest Discussions