Villari's Eleven Hands of Buddha?

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's been talk about Karazenpo books and videos for the last 4-5 years. Nothing available yet.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
although i am intruiged by the idea, i believe now that i think of it that it is the juichimenkannon- the eleven faced kannon

the other is the senjukannon- which is the thousandarmkannon

but i still find it interesting. i never thought of senjukannon as directly having to do with martial arts..

j

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Never heard of 11 hands...my blocking sets after Plum Tree/ Plum Flower was 20 palms....maybe the same???

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was talking with a friend today and he mentioned there was a blocking set called thousand buddha's....

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
It must be something new, maybe it was developed during this last decade.

My guess is it was an addition after the MSDC crowd left in the early 90's as they don't teach it, but it is listed on the 4th dan requirements for Shaolin Self Defense Centers.

Matt

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
My guess is it was an addition after the MSDC crowd left in the early 90's as they don't teach it, but it is listed on the 4th dan requirements for Shaolin Self Defense Centers.

Matt

Matt,
MSDC does teach 1000 buddha's at 5th dan level or maybe it was 6th. The one that is linked to your page is defferent than any that i have seen.
Jesse
off to boston-and i know you are getting pounded in Long Island now--

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know, I know....Necro thread.

Does anyone have any more information on this blocking set? I just recently watched a Fred Villari seminar from around '88 and he mentions the Eleven Hands of the Buddha and how he had just started to teach it to his top instructors. I would be interested in seeing this set after hearing him talk about it.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Buried and then dug up again :)

Any word on the Karazenpo Series (book or video) yet?

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Buried and then dug up again :)

Any word on the Karazenpo Series (book or video) yet?

There used to be a member here (can't remember screenname) Master Joe Shuras who talked alot about Karazenpo, and also Master Joe Rebelo posts on here concerning Karazenpo. I don't know how to get ahold of these gentleman, but maybe others do. If you find "kenpojoe" on youtube (Master Rebelo) he talks about some of the Karazenpo techniques.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,
I was taught that the 11 hands consisted of taking each blocking set of the Plum tree (after the opening) and mastering it. This would equal 10...then the 11th hand was to put them all together again.

Latest Discussions