Video of the Professor

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have video of the Professor teaching and would like to take a put some of it on the web. It was on vhs and I copied it to a dvd, but I do not know how to get the video from the dvd to my laptop so I can edit it to put it online to share it. So if anyone has ideas or knows of a free program to capture the video please tell me.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man you need to send Bob Hubbard a pm and he can direct you in that regards.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi!

How was the dvd made, with a vhs to dvd transfer machine or through a computer product such as Pinnacle Dazzle?

If you want to use a product such as Pinnacle Dazzle or equivalent, please consider the following.

These products have software which will allow the user to capture on demand video, and/or sound, then converts the captured clips to digital formats. At which time the user can edit the individual digital clips then finally produce a dvd if needed. Dvd creation is not necessary if producing to the web.

These products usually come basically with a converter cable which on one end has an USB port connection to the computer, while on the other end contains RCA input ports (Audio-Red/White, Video-Yellow) and S-Video.

All you need to do is connect the VHS device to the RCA input ports and connect the USB port to the computer, select capture mode to on using the software on your computer, then select "play" on your VHS device and record at will.

Note: Cameras devices and software may offer a more sophisticated user interface than the described above, but those are the basic steps.

Please note and manage where you place the converted clips as this will be the uploaded directory for sites like MT and YouTube.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the footage of the Professor!

-Harold

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck if you were here I could do it for you but alas your to far away.

I definitely would like to see you footage so here is hoping someone closer can help you out.
icon14.gif

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By the way, make sure your computer has plenty of storage space and you probably will want to eventually backup those clips too.
-Harold

DragonMind

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey Chip!

First you'll need a DVD Ripper (I'm assuming the DVD was recorded as a video copy). Here's one

Once it is ripped you'll need something to upload it. There are tons of those available. Just google "upload video <wherever>" (like YouTube, Viddler, etc) and you find plenty of tools and tutorials.

You might also want to edit it. There is free stuff available but most is worth the price you paid... Pinnacle has some really nice video editing tools at very reasonable prices.

BTW I'm still editing down all that footage I shot in GA. I had 15 DVDs worth to go through so it is taking a while.

OP
hapkenkido

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
thank you all for the help. i have gotten the dvd on my hard drive now and now just have to edit it and put on youtube.

OP
hapkenkido

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The first video is up on youtube. It is called "Professor Remy Presas wrist lock cane take down". More to come!

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbYuHnboGno&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbYuHnboGno&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our way of embedding here works a bit differently.

What we do is take the final characters in the URL, the ones after the v=

Like so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbYuHnboGno

and surround those by tags so the final result looks like this:

[yt]wbYuHnboGno[/yt]

This embeds the video. Thanks for sharing it!

[yt]wbYuHnboGno[/yt]

OP
hapkenkido

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It was filmed at Sr. Master Bob Quinn's school American Karate Productions in Tucker, Georgia.

As far as the year and why Mr. Quinn or GM Dan Anderson should be able to shed more light there. From the quality of the video I guess it might have been intended to be part of training videos.

bobquinn

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey all,
Thanks to Chip for posting the Video on the youtube thing.
If anyone wants to know the back ground of the video call me. I also have some footage unreleased of some of us that attended a seminar in ga that include DH,TH,and of course MS. A special thanks goes out to Mitch Mills that made it all happen.

Bob Quinn

OP
hapkenkido

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I just posted another video of the Professor on you tube.
[yt]TtwcTT0xxQ8[/yt]

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey all,
Thanks to Chip for posting the Video on the youtube thing.
If anyone wants to know the back ground of the video call me. I also have some footage unreleased of some of us that attended a seminar in ga that include DH,TH,and of course MS. A special thanks goes out to Mitch Mills that made it all happen.

Bob Quinn
Hi Bob,

Hmmm...

TH - Tim Hartman
MS - You (myself)?
DH? Did you mean DH or DA?

-Harold

Latest Discussions