Video from PKC Championships

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jacob's Highlights from fighting with his kata and weapons forms at the end.

USKA team members highlights

@Buka ....sorry about the music...lol.
Wow.. someone grew. No longer the smaller fighter. The forms look a little rough. Like the person doing the forms knows how to hit something. Sometimes forms look really clean and crisp and right away I can tell that they don't spar or punch objects much. He's got that look like he's actually striking something. It makes the form look rough and not as clean but that's a good thing in my book. I know a few judges from the old skool who like that a well.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just got to the second video and he kicked the Sht out of that fancy pants guy in the blue ha ha ha.. straight from the movies type stuff lol. I must have watched that 15 times since this sentence lol.
upload_2019-9-17_20-57-46.png

Thanks a million for sharing.. Text book kick right there. Looks like that heel tore that guy up. I'm going to use this to show my brother. I was explaining how it sucks to get kicked while you are punching. There's no way to tightened up the body when this happens.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just got to the second video and he kicked the Sht out of that fancy pants guy in the blue ha ha ha.. straight from the movies type stuff lol. I must have watched that 15 times since this sentence lol.
View attachment 22472

Thanks a million for sharing.. Text book kick right there. Looks like that heel tore that guy up. I'm going to use this to show my brother. I was explaining how it sucks to get kicked while you are punching. There's no way to tightened up the body when this happens.
Just a suggestion.. Buy a camera that can do high speed filming and a large memory card. Then go make some posters. lol.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 22472

That shot was so perfect on so many levels.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
His instructor stresses that forms should be strong and the techniques should be with power and with purpose. In Continuous fighting the age division was 14-17 year olds and was a little rougher than what he was used to. But his instructor and I agreed that it was good for him to compete against a little rougher competition.

And Scott's kick was awesome...he couldnt have set it up better. Watching that guy in other fights he knew it would be there. And then set up the spinning back kick as a cherry on top. Lol.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great post. Keep making memories. I wish filming was as easy as it is now back in the day. I don't have very much.

Thanks. My oldest son who is handicapped and helps put the videos together. That is why why it says produced by Big Bro Sports Management. He is Jacob's manager, agent, promoter, and publicist.;)

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
You should trademark this or copyright the name.

Good names are hard to come by

Maybe, but it's mostly just a hobby.

I enjoy watching and filming karate tournaments. We have fun going thru the footage and putting together videos.

And who knows maybe someone sees a video and it gets them to try MA or try competing.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A lot of great things start as hobbies. And it seems that you son has a passion for it.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe, but it's mostly just a hobby.

I enjoy watching and filming karate tournaments. We have fun going thru the footage and putting together videos.

And who knows maybe someone sees a video and it gets them to try MA or try competing.
How old is the older son? A hobby like that could very easily turn into a career-main or side. Especially since he's already pretty good at it

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
How old is the older son? A hobby like that could very easily turn into a career-main or side. Especially since he's already pretty good at it

He is 19 and the boss of Big Bro Sports Management...I'm his humble unpaid employee. Lol.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jakeeeeeey! Nice work! Dunno how them guys do that on carpet, much respect!

Love that punch combo to head hook kick, awesome.

And Kanku form looking sharp!

Latest Discussions