Various type of "Jing"

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For Xue, don't read the last link as this would not be a healthy view for your addiction issues, for the record "Xue" will be viewing the last link on his own accord I had absolutely nothing to do with it, so I am relieved of all liability tied to his addiction & Xingyi(Oh crap I said it!) ehh hm "Xingyi annonymous 10 or 12 animal... ehh I mean step program".

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For the record, I think "jing" refers to one's original essence (often, sperm), whereas "jin" refers to various kinds of martial power.

No?

(Thanks for the links, Tensei85)

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is what I was meaning for topic "發勁", my mistake in labels of English. I'm not meaning "精" which is "Essence".

Haha apologies, I'm not always accurate or current on English/Chinese translations of Characters.

Thanks for pointing that out,

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey, no problem. It could lead to embarrassing misinterpretations. ;)

Thanks again ...

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
mograph,

You are of course absolutely correct. Jin - energy, Jing - essence. However, they are very often used (incorrectly in my opinion), interchangeably. This is evidenced in the first link.

I think the biggest mistake often made is in referring to Fa Jin as "explosive" energy. Completely wrong in my opinion. Fa Jin just means "release/emit energy" and applies to all the energy releases in Taijiquan.

Very best wishes

OP
Tensei85

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for info, the way my Sifu always explained 發勁 "Fa Jin"(lol), was as transmiting energy. But as anything its hard to translate these terms in English, we can guess the meaning all day but 發勁 is still 發勁.

Just my opinion but its like the word Sifu (Shifu) 師父, theres really no accurate translation that covers all basis of the meaning of 師父.

But I enjoyed reading your descriptions.